Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beerbeer

Retail Center planned for North Meadows

5 posts in this topic

There's a Courant story today. They have more retailers than space rright now. It looks like a a big grocery store, walmart and a few others will get in.

Wow, Wal-Mart is really getting on board for Hartford - they must be making some dough in Behind the Rocks.

I'm not a fan of the strip mall type of developments we've seen in the last 10 years in that neighborhood.

I am not a fan of any typical suburban looking structure such as fast food chains, strip malls, etc. but if we can get people living in Hartford and close to Hartford to go and shop for groceries and regular necessities in Hartford rather then in one of the suburbs I think that would be awesome.

This plans includes a 340,000 square foot retail structure with 2 anchor stores, smaller stores around that and a free standing restaurant. One of the parcels for the retail center is the Edart property and if the center is built Edart will build a new office and corporate headquarters on a city or state owned (forgot which one) property by the CT Expo Center. This really means 2 development projects.

Hey to all of us on the Northside of town this is great news. It's great news for the newly arrived suburban transplants Downtown.