Park West

RemusCal

The Fayetteville Planning Commission approved a 140-acre planned zoning district in northwest Fayetteville on Monday, where residential and retail space will develop during the next 15 years.

The project includes a maximum of 1,712 housing units and 856,000 square feet of commercial space at Arkansas 112, east of Deane Solomon Road. The project is west of Landers Auto Park and the drive-in theater and north of the future site of Sam's Club.

Tracy Hoskins of Paradigm Development said the project is "one of the largest and most intricate projects we believe has ever come through the city of Fayetteville."

The commission rezoned the site and approved the residential planned zoning district, but city ordinances require the developer to obtain commission approval before each piece of land is developed.

"I'm going to be looking at wetlands and connectivity (in the future). Tonight, land use is what I'm focusing on," Commissioner Candy Clark said.

The plans call for 15 planning areas with a mix of different uses, including single-family houses, townhouses, condominiums, multifamily housing, multifamily residential and commercial districts.

Hoskins said the development will likely occur during a 15-year time span.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to see bigger developments being planned...I just hate that they are going to

spread it out over 15 years. I'm thinking they may speed that process up as the city grows.

I agree. Fayetteville is growing fast enough to go ahead and do this project in like 2 years. In 15 years, I would expect Fayetteville to have grown all the way out west to Lake Wedington and beyond.

KNWA talked about this development. It sounds even more interesting than I thought. They mentioned of it having a downtown feel away from the downtown area. A bit higher density, there was a mention of some condos at some point. They showed a rendering that showed a street lined with 3 and 4 story buildings. They also mentioned about trying to make the area pedestrian friendly with trails connecting areas and such. I really hope to hear more about this development. Of course it may take a while for all of this to happen. As RemusCal pointed out earlier, it could take 15 years to finish this whole development.

Paradigm Development is very agressive in Fayetteville. They have been developing alot. The current project is huge and will go faster then 15 years. Hoskins who owns this building owns the new business just east of the McDonalds on 6th Street in Fayetteville. He also owns the property where the old Noodle's is located and the old Gold's Gym (North College Avenue in Fayetteville). He owned the property where Cool Water Cafe is located and sold it several years ago and made a killing.

http://www.paradigmdevelopment.biz

The following info was taken from this website.

Paradigm currently has two residential projects underway. Hickory Park is on the East side of Fayetteville that is a unique neighborhood in that Paradigm took on an added expense to preserve the environment, even beyond the city requirements. The goal was to preserve the trees offering a picturesque setting for the homes ranging 2500 sq ft plus. The water retention area that the city required was moved underground, and the lots share a common drive so that they could keep the mature trees in place. Oakbrooke is the other neighborhood on the West side of Fayetteville which is introducing a new yet classic look to Fayetteville. They are reminding NWA how pleasant a truly inviting neighborhood can be. The architect, Jim Ramsey, is responsible for creating all of the homes. He wants to make sure that the theme is carried through, offering a walkable community that is "worth the walk". The homes will have classic designs with all the modern conveniences of today homes.

The Paradigm team also has commercial projects in progress. Fairpark Retail Center has a great location on hwy. 540 at the hwy 112 exit. It's the perfect spot for any business that needs easy access; with a wide range of leasable spaces. The other commercial building underway is in the heart of Fayetteville, hwy 71B.

Paradigm is also currently pursuing a development that encompasses every aspect of community living. Park West is a project with the expected finish date of 2010 located at the crossroads of NWA; located on hwy. 112 also right off of hwy. 540. This development will offer a smooth transition from shopping/retail to residential living.

n Fayetteville.

Paradigm Development is very agressive in Fayetteville. They have been developing alot. The current project is huge and will go faster then 15 years. Hoskins who owns this building owns the new business just east of the McDonalds on 6th Street in Fayetteville. He also owns the property where the old Noodle's is located and the old Gold's Gym (North College Avenue in Fayetteville). He owned the property where Cool Water Cafe is located and sold it several years ago and made a killing.

http://www.paradigmdevelopment.biz

The following info was taken from this website.

Paradigm currently has two residential projects underway. Hickory Park is on the East side of Fayetteville that is a unique neighborhood in that Paradigm took on an added expense to preserve the environment, even beyond the city requirements. The goal was to preserve the trees offering a picturesque setting for the homes ranging 2500 sq ft plus. The water retention area that the city required was moved underground, and the lots share a common drive so that they could keep the mature trees in place. Oakbrooke is the other neighborhood on the West side of Fayetteville which is introducing a new yet classic look to Fayetteville. They are reminding NWA how pleasant a truly inviting neighborhood can be. The architect, Jim Ramsey, is responsible for creating all of the homes. He wants to make sure that the theme is carried through, offering a walkable community that is "worth the walk". The homes will have classic designs with all the modern conveniences of today homes.

The Paradigm team also has commercial projects in progress. Fairpark Retail Center has a great location on hwy. 540 at the hwy 112 exit. It's the perfect spot for any business that needs easy access; with a wide range of leasable spaces. The other commercial building underway is in the heart of Fayetteville, hwy 71B.

Paradigm is also currently pursuing a development that encompasses every aspect of community living. Park West is a project with the expected finish date of 2010 located at the crossroads of NWA; located on hwy. 112 also right off of hwy. 540. This development will offer a smooth transition from shopping/retail to residential living.

n Fayetteville.

Thanks for all the great info Das450. Thanks also for the link, it's nice to see a developer around here have a website for a change. It sounds like an interesting concept. I thought I'd post a few renderings of the Park West that's on the website.

street39ce.jpg

street18gg.jpg

street26ha.jpg

street47wz.jpg

Yeah it will be great to have another area like this in the city.

Wow, this is exactly the type of development I have been waiting for to come to the area. Now if we can get something like that in Rogers but bigger, then Rogers could have an entertainment district somewhere. Even Lowell would be a great area. Either way, I would like somewhere in Rogers to see some 20 story office/ condo / hotel towers along with some midrise buildings for some type of entertainment district. I think it would be a HUGE hit in Rogers. Even if the area doesn't go WET. I know that Plano TX is not WET and there are a lot of bars in the area that you use a special card to get in. Similar to the signing in at Restaurants in Benton county.

Wow, this is exactly the type of development I have been waiting for to come to the area. Now if we can get something like that in Rogers but bigger, then Rogers could have an entertainment district somewhere. Even Lowell would be a great area. Either way, I would like somewhere in Rogers to see some 20 story office/ condo / hotel towers along with some midrise buildings for some type of entertainment district. I think it would be a HUGE hit in Rogers. Even if the area doesn't go WET. I know that Plano TX is not WET and there are a lot of bars in the area that you use a special card to get in. Similar to the signing in at Restaurants in Benton county.

This has been a type of project I've been looking to happen also. With the exception of a fewbuildings Fayetteville almost seems to be avoiding anything looking somewhat modern. I'm certainly not saying Fayetteville needs to start putting in ultra modern sleek buildings, but at the same time as much as I like some of the older looking architecture I'm not sure if Fayetteville needs to rely so heavily on making everything have a more traditional older look to it. I'd like to see at least a few areas with a more modern look.

Well, you may be in luck RemusCal. Developers have announced a 150 acre project in Lowell similar to this, where they have stated that mid-rises will be coming in the area.

Well, you may be in luck RemusCal. Developers have announced a 150 acre project in Lowell similar to this, where they have stated that mid-rises will be coming in the area.

Wow, that is great to hear. That is exactly what we need and Lowell is a great place for it. I love the mix use/ pedestrian friendly feel that is being built lately. It also cuts down on traffic and driving everywhere you want to go. I would love to be able to walk to where I want to go instead of drive.

Wow, that is great to hear. That is exactly what we need and Lowell is a great place for it. I love the mix use/ pedestrian friendly feel that is being built lately. It also cuts down on traffic and driving everywhere you want to go. I would love to be able to walk to where I want to go instead of drive.

It's suppose to be near the Proposed Lowell stop on the Light Rail System. Last I heard it was suppose to have a lifestyle/ pedestrian feel that would include Commercial space, retail, restaurants, and condo/apartments.

I feel the same way, I'd really like to have large areas that are more pedestrian friendly. Fayetteville is nice in certain areas but even they could work on that aspect some more.

• 1 month later...

Here's an update from Northwest Arkansas Times about the project, posted on Jan 10th, 2006.

http://www.nwarktimes.com/nwat/news/36327/

City council last Tuesday, 1/17/2006, approved the ordinance establishing a Master Development Plan

Residential Planned Zoning District titled R-PZD 05-1796, for Park West, amending the official zoning map of the City of Fayetteville; and adopting the Associated Master Development Plan.

Not bad considering it was only the second reading. Council was extremely positive about this project and all agrees this is exactly what Fayetteville needs.

Here's an update from Northwest Arkansas Times about the project, posted on Jan 10th, 2006.

http://www.nwarktimes.com/nwat/news/36327/

City council last Tuesday, 1/17/2006, approved the ordinance establishing a Master Development Plan

Residential Planned Zoning District titled R-PZD 05-1796, for Park West, amending the official zoning map of the City of Fayetteville; and adopting the Associated Master Development Plan.

Not bad considering it was only the second reading. Council was extremely positive about this project and all agrees this is exactly what Fayetteville needs.

Thanks for the update and welcome to the forum! :D

Thanks for the info on Park West, it looks like a great New Urbanist development. Does anyone know what the Fayetteville School Board is planning to do with the 80+ acres that they purchased from Tracy Hoskins in the Park West area? I would guess that it will evenually be for another high school. I have heard that the University wants to buy the old FHS complex at some point in time, but I don't if that will ever happen. It does seem like they will try and build possibly 2 high school within the next 5-10 years. One in the NW corner of the city and one somewhere on the east side of town.

Thanks for the info on Park West, it looks like a great New Urbanist development. Does anyone know what the Fayetteville School Board is planning to do with the 80+ acres that they purchased from Tracy Hoskins in the Park West area? I would guess that it will evenually be for another high school. I have heard that the University wants to buy the old FHS complex at some point in time, but I don't if that will ever happen. It does seem like they will try and build possibly 2 high school within the next 5-10 years. One in the NW corner of the city and one somewhere on the east side of town.

Can't say I've heard anything about the land they purchased from Tracy Hoskins. I haven't heard plans on two high schools, it's about the only major school district in NWA that hasn't announced plans for a second high school.

Yeah I haven't heard any talk of another high school here in Fayetteville. The school district here isn't growing as quickly as the other school districts in NWA. Fayetteville also doesn't get too many kids outside the city limits like some of the other school districts either. Most of the towns around Fayetteville had already established school districts themselves.

Archived