Park West

RemusCal

Yeah I haven't heard any talk of another high school here in Fayetteville. The school district here isn't growing as quickly as the other school districts in NWA. Fayetteville also doesn't get too many kids outside the city limits like some of the other school districts either. Most of the towns around Fayetteville had already established school districts themselves.

The recent changes to the school structure may not have affected Fayetteville as much as some of it's neighbors since Fayetteville's neighbors seem to be a bit larger than neighbors of Rogers and Bentonville.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This project looks ambitious. I would love to live in a place like that, but does anyone familiar with Fayetteville get the feeling that it might not be in the best of places? I'm not sure I would want to live there. It theoritically is in a great location, but it's bordered by Zero mountain/light industrial (plus AHTD local office/complex) to the NE and E, the old drive-in, Landers auto park, and the future Sam's to the SE. Plus, its seperated from traditional Fayetteville by I-540 and the fairgrounds/UA farms, and is in a very low area. Maybe I'm mistaken-- maybe it will fit in well with the new nature preserve and the new Springwoods development.

This development seems to have parallels to Har-Ber 10 years ago... it was an ambitious large project in a flat area bordered by some not too pleasant development (light industrial, etc.) near a major arterial. But despite some hiccups, it turned out nice... and could be considered a success I suppose.

Maybe I'm mistaken... but the thought of living near that mega auto park with its mega lights on every night and seperated so far away from traditional Fayetteville just doesn't seem too appealing. Or maybe it could be the catalyst along with Springwoods to help transform that area of town. Just a thought.

Sounds like at least some of the people that live in Park West will at least enjoy free movies from there window, but IMO it sounds like a bad location for apartments. It does sound like a good spot for low-income housing though. But then Har-Ber Village would have been an ideal spot for low-income housing too.

This project looks ambitious. I would love to live in a place like that, but does anyone familiar with Fayetteville get the feeling that it might not be in the best of places? I'm not sure I would want to live there. It theoritically is in a great location, but it's bordered by Zero mountain/light industrial (plus AHTD local office/complex) to the NE and E, the old drive-in, Landers auto park, and the future Sam's to the SE. Plus, its seperated from traditional Fayetteville by I-540 and the fairgrounds/UA farms, and is in a very low area. Maybe I'm mistaken-- maybe it will fit in well with the new nature preserve and the new Springwoods development.

This development seems to have parallels to Har-Ber 10 years ago... it was an ambitious large project in a flat area bordered by some not too pleasant development (light industrial, etc.) near a major arterial. But despite some hiccups, it turned out nice... and could be considered a success I suppose.

Maybe I'm mistaken... but the thought of living near that mega auto park with its mega lights on every night and seperated so far away from traditional Fayetteville just doesn't seem too appealing. Or maybe it could be the catalyst along with Springwoods to help transform that area of town. Just a thought.

Interesting point about it being a bit away from the rest of the city. I hadn't really thought of that. But I think as long as they develop it well that it will be alright. With a Sam's going in that general area it will also help get that area of town going. Everyone wants to develop around Wal-mart/Sam's. I think the 'feel' of the project will make it an attractive idea for people.

Interesting point about it being a bit away from the rest of the city. I hadn't really thought of that. But I think as long as they develop it well that it will be alright. With a Sam's going in that general area it will also help get that area of town going. Everyone wants to develop around Wal-mart/Sam's. I think the 'feel' of the project will make it an attractive idea for people.

Do you guys think it is a good idea to put a pedestrian community next to a Sam's or Wal-Mart (who live and breath by huge shopping carts and huge trunk space)?

Do you guys think it is a good idea to put a pedestrian community next to a Sam's or Wal-Mart (who live and breath by huge shopping carts and huge trunk space)?

Welcome to the forum Sparkie. This community is going in near that area but I don't think it necessarily means they'll be putting in all of this in just next door to the Sam's. I think the biggest problem that will occur is traffic. I'm just not sure if that interchange is designed to handle that much traffic the way it is now. I suppose maybe a Sam's would have been more ideal in an area like College Ave to a lot of people. But I think that Wal-mart prefers the fact of it being near I-540.

Welcome Sparkie to Urban Planet as well!!

I myself hate seeing Wal-Mart's in Residential communities. I think they belong more in "power centers" as I will call them.

I certainly see where you're coming from. But I think this location is a good place for them. Right next to I-540 and across the street from the former Landers, now Fayetteville Autopark.

I certainly see where you're coming from. But I think this location is a good place for them. Right next to I-540 and across the street from the former Landers, now Fayetteville Autopark.

I agree. Didn't the developers of Park West know they were building that close to commercial/retail zoned land? Or did the city rezone some of the land after they started construction on Park West?

I agree. Didn't the developers of Park West know they were building that close to commercial/retail zoned land? Or did the city rezone some of the land after they started construction on Park West?

No I'm pretty sure it's been zoned this way before they announced Park West. Maybe I'm wrong but I got the impression this is a pretty large development taking up a lot of land. If I'm right I think it will be possible for them to develop this to the way they want even though Sam's and the big autopark won't be too far away. I thought they might stick some smaller retail as a small brake before getting into the more residential area of the development. But maybe I'm wrong on this. Maybe we will just have to wait and see.

I don't think having the Sam's close to Park West will hurt the development too much. They are not immediately next door and they are within the overlay district.

I hope that Park West does not give in to the strip center/branch bank development that seems to be so popular.

I also hope that the tennants are more middle income based rather than "high end". What do you guys think?

mcheiss

Do you think it will be a better pedestrian comunity it "average" people can live, work, and shop there? I think it should give it a better environment and not a "plastic" pre-processed kinda feel that I get with some developments. I guess I am looking forward to a place with "place". Somewhere that is fun to be without a certain shopping destination. Somewhere that feels like home and not like an outdoor mall or something. Ya know what I'm saying?

I gotta learn to type!

Sorry about the typo's

If you look at the area of this development it is a great location. To the south of this location is another planned community coming in. To the west several developments are in the works or have been completed. Directly to the north is Blessings Golf Course and the new housing development developed by the Tyson Family. To the east is the CMN Business Park which connects with the Mall, Nelson's Crossing, and all of the other shops (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy...). 540 is easy access as well. Razorback Golf Course is to the southwest of this development as well. Sams will spark other businesses to locate there as well.

I also dont think the drive in will stay in its current location. Too much money to make from selling it.

The Fayetteville School District will build a new high school out there and sell the current high school and property to the University. This high school will be ready in the fall of 2011. Mark that date on your calendar. The University may even buy the current location and allow the school to use that money for construction of the new facility while the high school remains in the current spot. This is a win win situation for the school district and the University.

There will be walking trails linking this development with the area around Target as well. This development will go fast so get in if you have a chance !

If you look at the area of this development it is a great location. To the south of this location is another planned community coming in. To the west several developments are in the works or have been completed. Directly to the north is Blessings Golf Course and the new housing development developed by the Tyson Family. To the east is the CMN Business Park which connects with the Mall, Nelson's Crossing, and all of the other shops (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy...). 540 is easy access as well. Razorback Golf Course is to the southwest of this development as well. Sams will spark other businesses to locate there as well.

I also dont think the drive in will stay in its current location. Too much money to make from selling it.

The Fayetteville School District will build a new high school out there and sell the current high school and property to the University. This high school will be ready in the fall of 2011. Mark that date on your calendar. The University may even buy the current location and allow the school to use that money for construction of the new facility while the high school remains in the current spot. This is a win win situation for the school district and the University.

There will be walking trails linking this development with the area around Target as well. This development will go fast so get in if you have a chance !

Yeah this will be a nice location. I also agree with the drive-in. I think it's days are numbers just because that property is going to be worth quite a bit. I had heard some talk about the high school being moved but didn't know if it was actually official yet. I knew the university would really like to have that land since it's so close to the campus. It's too bad they didn't do something like this sooner, I would have liked having Baum and the indoor track facility closer to the rest of the campus.

I forgot about the proposed trail connection to Mudd Creek trail (near the mall/Target). I wonder how Fayetteville proposes to connect those trails (it will have to go somewhere under I-540). das450, can you tell me the site where Fayetteville proposes this new high school?

I forgot about the proposed trail connection to Mudd Creek trail (near the mall/Target). I wonder how Fayetteville proposes to connect those trails (it will have to go somewhere under I-540). das450, can you tell me the site where Fayetteville proposes this new high school?

Yeah I'd also like to see how Fayetteville plans on connecting the trail to that area. Of course I'm also curious to see how they're planning on connecting the Mudd Creek Trail and the Skull Creek Trail over by the Fayetteville Public Library.

I am hoping for some not so upscale.

A loft above another business or restaurant would be great. They gotta be affordable.

Have no fear. It may seem a bit overwhelming and even discouraging that most if not all the developments in NWA are "upscale" but analysts have predicted that within a couple years time the demand for "upscale" will diminish and developers will then respond to the demand for middle and low income opportunities.

BTW... welcome to the forum. :)

Archived