Park West

RemusCal

Nothing has been happening on this project for so long, I almost forgot about it. I went by there yesterday and noticed that they had some big equipment on the property and some construction fences around trees. So maybe they are going to at least attempt to get started. I don't know if I would be so brave with all of the bancrupt developers around but I still am excited about this project. Probably more than any other New Urban style project in Fayetteville.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing has been happening on this project for so long, I almost forgot about it. I went by there yesterday and noticed that they had some big equipment on the property and some construction fences around trees. So maybe they are going to at least attempt to get started. I don't know if I would be so brave with all of the bankrupt developers around but I still am excited about this project. Probably more than any other New Urban style project in Fayetteville.

• 4 months later...

Park West developer Tracy Hoskins has came up with an interesting idea to reroute Hwy 112 through the site. It would basicall cut a diagonal to the NW from the Clabber Creek bridge on 112 just north of Sams Club and meet back up with the original 112 north of the Howard Nickel/ Deane Solomon insection area. It would elimnate the two 90 degree turns and provide a wider stretch of road. Since 112 (Garland Ave.) is already slated for widening and Asche is slated to be extended over to it this seems to fit right in with the plans. Although there are some environmental concerns since Park West has already been approved those shouldn't stop this from happening. Here's a photo of the map in the NWA times and online article link.

NWA Times article

DSCN0705.jpg

Park West developer Tracy Hoskins has came up with an interesting idea to reroute Hwy 112 through the site. It would basicall cut a diagonal to the NW from the Clabber Creek bridge on 112 just north of Sams Club and meet back up with the original 112 north of the Howard Nickel/ Deane Solomon insection area. It would elimnate the two 90 degree turns and provide a wider stretch of road. Since 112 (Garland Ave.) is already slated for widening and Asche is slated to be extended over to it this seems to fit right in with the plans. Although there are some environmental concerns since Park West has already been approved those shouldn't stop this from happening. Here's a photo of the map in the NWA times and online article link.

NWA Times article

DSCN0705.jpg

Yeah I'm sure it would be good for him to have the road go through his development like that. But I can't argue with that idea. It makes a lot of sense for the city to go along with that. They're going to have to do something at some point. This would seem as good of an idea as any other.

• 9 months later...

This development is back before the city- the developer wants the city to cost share realigning Hwy 112 at the price of over $2 million. The only problem is that the extension wouldn't reach all to reconnect with 112 on the other side- the city or another developer would have to do that. I can't see the city helping pay for a stub into a private development without assurances that the rest will be built someday.

Morning News article

This development is back before the city- the developer wants the city to cost share realigning Hwy 112 at the price of over $2 million. The only problem is that the extension wouldn't reach all to reconnect with 112 on the other side- the city or another developer would have to do that. I can't see the city helping pay for a stub into a private development without assurances that the rest will be built someday.

Morning News article

• 1 month later...

Archived