Park West

RemusCal

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southlake Town Center in Southlake, TX is a great example of this. The first component was retail and office, with a little if any residential. After the scene was created, people naturally followed, wanting to live in the setting that had been created by a well planned mixed use project.

http://www.southlaketownsquare.com/homepage.asp

Southlake Town Center is incredible... hard to believe places like that actually exist outside of Disney World. Park West is going to be similar, if not on a smaller scale.

Park West Render and Master Plan:

100337993_3d1c3901c0.jpg

100337992_450eadf99f.jpg

I think the real difference will be in the quality as Southlake's amenities sound much more luxurious than Park West's.

Wow! The Southlake project is great. It looks like a big version of Park West (I hope!)

Where did you get the drawings of Park West? They look different than the ones that I have seen.

Do you guys think park West will come in complete with tennants in the spaces or will it be a bunch of empty buildings till someone rents or buys?

Wow! The Southlake project is great. It looks like a big version of Park West (I hope!)

Where did you get the drawings of Park West? They look different than the ones that I have seen.

Do you guys think park West will come in complete with tennants in the spaces or will it be a bunch of empty buildings till someone rents or buys?

Here is the website for Paradigm Development Sparkie:

http://www.paradigmdevelopment.biz/

I don't like the way parking is being done on this development, it looks to suburbian sprawl to me. They could do a bit better by incorporating it into the theme of the development, or even a garage.

That's actually the beauty of the design... all parking is behind the scenes and in back of the buildings. I'd hate for a bunch of parked cars and muffler fumes ruining the atmosphere. Besides, a parking garage would create hassles of getting in and out and having to pay for parking.

Thanks for all the great info Das450. Thanks also for the link, it's nice to see a developer around here have a website for a change. It sounds like an interesting concept. I thought I'd post a few renderings of the Park West that's on the website.

street39ce.jpg

street18gg.jpg

street26ha.jpg

street47wz.jpg

I posted these pics quite a while back ago. How quickly you guys forget. :lol: Actually they were pretty far back in the topic. I guess that's one bad aspect of having a busy forum things tend to get lost a bit easily because of all the activity.

I posted these pics quite a while back ago. How quickly you guys forget. :lol: Actually they were pretty far back in the topic. I guess that's one bad aspect of having a busy forum things tend to get lost a bit easily because of all the activity.

I didn't forget Mith... where do you think I got the render I posted? :D Sorry I should have gave you credit for it.

Do you guys know if those Dover Architects who are doing the Fayetteville 2025 plan are the same ones designing Park West?

No it's someone else. Although I'm sure the developers are influenced a lot by the new urbanism movement. And Dover-Kohl have an influence on that. I could be wrong but I thought I saw something that mentioned that some of the Dover-Kohl members are part of what's considered the New Urbanism Congress. At last night's meeting Mayor Dan Coody did mention that although developers often get a lot of negative press that there were actually some good ones working in the Fayetteville area who are really wanting to work in this style.

No it's someone else. Although I'm sure the developers are influenced a lot by the new urbanism movement. And Dover-Kohl have an influence on that. I could be wrong but I thought I saw something that mentioned that some of the Dover-Kohl members are part of what's considered the New Urbanism Congress. At last night's meeting Mayor Dan Coody did mention that although developers often get a lot of negative press that there were actually some good ones working in the Fayetteville area who are really wanting to work in this style.

I wanted to attend at least one of the 2025 meetings, but I missed every single one of them. I was hoping to see what they had to say about Park West. Park West sounds alot like the things Dover-Kohl said would be good for Fayetteville. I was also wondering what the city administration and the public at large thought about this development.

I wanted to attend at least one of the 2025 meetings, but I missed every single one of them. I was hoping to see what they had to say about Park West. Park West sounds alot like the things Dover-Kohl said would be good for Fayetteville. I was also wondering what the city administration and the public at large thought about this development.

Overall most of the time the discussions at the 2025 meetings were about the city as a whole. Although there was a little mention about Park West and Southpass, but there wasn't a very big discussion about it. But from what I see Park West certainly fits into the style of planning that Dover-Kohl are recommending. Apparently there will be a follow up meeting sometime in April or May. Not sure if Park West will get much mention but it would still be worth the effort to go if you can. You never know, you might be able to find a city official and talk to them personally about Park West. Quite a few city officials have shown up at a lot of the meetings.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the Arkansas Democrat Gazette with a front page of the Pinnacle thing? They had a list of some of the largest "Lifestyle" centers in the country. They have obvioulsy not heard of Park West. Park West should be in the top ten as far as size, and is one of the only that actually offers housing.

Did anyone see the Arkansas Democrat Gazette with a front page of the Pinnacle thing? They had a list of some of the largest "Lifestyle" centers in the country. They have obvioulsy not heard of Park West. Park West should be in the top ten as far as size, and is one of the only that actually offers housing.

My impression of a Lifestyle center is more large scale retail included in the mix. I was under the impression that Park West would be more small retailers and mixed use buildings.

I can't say I have the definition of a lifestyle center but I don't think Park West quite qualifies. While there is going to be retail aspects to Park West I'm pretty sure much of the development will just be housing. I think it's going to work more in the 'traditional neighborhood format' with also some new urbanism mixed in. I think of a lifestyle center as just a newer form of a shopping center. Those are just my conceptions of all of this. Perhaps I need to look more into what defines some of these terms.

My impression of a Lifestyle center is more large scale retail included in the mix. I was under the impression that Park West would be more small retailers and mixed use buildings.

Looks like a number of us have some diffferent ideas on Park West. I'm curious to see more about it to see exactly how this is going to be set up.

Perhaps I should give this it's own topic but I'm not sure if there will be enough demand so for now I'll just post it here. But some more info on Springwoods which is just to the south of Park West is coming out. It's an EPCON Community. The original is in Ohio I believe but there are now franchises including a franchise here in Arkansas. There are 200 of these communities in 28 states. Apparently this will be similar to the Arbors at Pinnacle Ridge. There is an article in today's Northwest Arkansas Times about it. Basically some units will be 'coupled' while most are set in a 'pinwheel' pattern of four. Sounds like there will also be some condos involved in the development. Here's some links for some more info on these types of communities and this particular area. The last link takes you to a site that has some pics of that area of the city.

http://www.epcongroup.com/index.html

http://www.lexingtonvillas.com/lexington_v...floor_plans.htm

http://nw-ar.com/mudwompers/btpark/btpark.html

I guess my definition of "Lifestyle" center was incorrect. I was thinking it would be a place to live, work, shop, play, learn, etc. (Like the plans for Park West) "Lifestyle" seems to mean a place to just shop. Like at a mall without a roof over the middle hallway.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw surveyors out at Park West the other day. I guess they are about to get started. Is there anywhere I can go to find out more or do I have to call the developer?

Probably the best thing you could do is either call or email the developers. They probably have a email address somewhere on their website.

Archived