Christmas plans

ZachariahDaMan

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flying back to the good ole' U.S of A on the 22nd, doing some exhaustive Christmas shopping on the 23rd... 24th we have relatives over, eat a big English Christmas dinner (Prime rib with au jus, yorkshire pudding, vegetables, relishes, and bread pudding for dessert).. then we open gifts together and drink egg nog and cider and listen to Christmas music.. then we goto Church at midnight, come home..

On Christmas day we wake up and make a big breakfast, the family opens up their stockings (Santa still lingers, albeit in a different form!) and then in the afternoon we go over the river and through the woods (literally) to Grandma's house and eat Swedish meatballs, lefse, and ham (Minnesota traditions) until we can't walk. Oh, how I love Christmas.

I have to work on Christmas Eve, but I will be able to fly down to Fort Lauderdale on Christmas morning and stay for a few days with family. The weather in South Florida simply HAS to be an improvement over the cold we have had in Washington lately.

I'm staying home for Christmas with my family. On Christmas Eve, my grandmother will be coming over for dinner. On Christmas Day, they and the rest of my extended family will be coming to my house for a lunch/dinner. we typically meet some close family friends on the 26th, and where it will be has not yet been established. On the 27th, we and my grandmother will be going to either Savannah or Asheville to see the Christmas decorations before they are taken down.

I'll be having a busy holiday. ;)

I'm having some family from Houston over for Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day we will hang around, prepare a large dinner, and just do the normal activities. On the 26th I am planning on taking them into New Orleans and showing them around downtown, uptown, the westbank, lower 9th ward, and Saint Bernard Parish, so they will see first hand what the area looks like. I will then be going up to Texarkana, AR to spend new years with family.

It's going to be a busy Christmas! :D

At this point, I am so far removed from having a "normal" life that it doesn't even feel like Christmas to me. Maybe it's because I've been so busy working on my architecture project for the past 2-3 weeks that I've been sleeping under my desk in the studio and staying awake at 2 day intervals, getting 3-4 hours of sleep in between. I failed to take notice both times we got dumped on by mother nature (5+ inches of snow each time). I haven't noticed anything different in the stores either, but maybe part of that is because Halloween decorations and Christmas decorations now sit alongside each other on most store shelves.

I'm leaving Detroit on the 23rd to celebrate Christmas with my parents and grandparents over in Grand Rapids. I'll be returning to Detroit on the 28th for a Christmas party. Not sure what I am doing for New Year's yet...is it really that time already?!

Archived