New Years Plans?

PBJ

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO... what's going on in the metro area for New Years and what's everyone doing?

What this town needs is a First Night/Jubilee/New years eve fest. These are performance events with a medley of acts and venues, pay-one-price admission badge (usually abour $5). Attracts thousands of people. None of this sit-and-have-dinner-and-champagne stuff, which is helpful for families, singles, and the unattached or not-well-heeled. And it's a lot of fun.

Kalamazoo: http://www.newyearsfest.com/

Port Huron: http://www.firstnightph.org

(which is where I'll be, gigging)

--Veloise

I know you guys are probably going to think I'm a total lose, but I just find New Year's Eve to be very overrated. Back in my partying days, we weren't even revved up until 12:00, and on New Year's, everyone else was wasted and ready to pass out shortly after midnight :huh: We usually don't do much nowadays.

Party on!! :alc:

i was joking . i actually have floor seats to the red wings and i am taking my bi-polar lady friend. she loves the hockey and it puts her in the mood...so i go with it.

i am 31 i cant be catching elbows in the groin by drunk 21yr old dancers at some hip hop club...

aaahhh, you just ruined our image of you...kind of :silly:

I try to stick close to home on New Years...too risky out on the roads.

^The roads are very risky! I was crossing Eastern Ave to goto work and bam out of no where this idiot runs a red and almost plows his stupid Escalade into me. Pre New Years Drunk'dness? OMG, to think that I would have put a masive crack into the engine block and put body prints all over the detail :yahoo: almost makes me cry.... The roads are dangerous people, please stay safe. I definetly will be finding a place to be on New Years and not venture onto busy road ways.

aaahhh, you just ruined our image of you...kind of :silly:

I try to stick close to home on New Years...too risky out on the roads.

Ruined?, it seems to me he kind of enforced his image, of an old man who still parties too much, lol :P

As for me< I will be in Kentwood Hanging out with a bunch of friends.

Archived