Opryland USA

rocky top buzz

Branson can't be the next Nashville. The main reason is that there is no room for the development. They are busting at the seams now. Geography just wouldn't allow it to get much bigger. The population is only about 6,000. It will continue to be a small resort town...Nashville has nothing to worry about.

I was in Branson briefly in October (to see a Andy Williams-Petula Clark concert, and at 31, I was the youngest in the audience :blink: ), but the traffic there was dreadful. Geezers driving battlecruisers up and down the strip is a terrifying experience. :shok:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just build a nice new theme park with cool rides, good music shows and then a new convention center and forget this Branson stuff. Branson is where radio-scorned entertainers go to continue to make tons of money. And that's a good thing, but I'd rather we stick with what we do best, recording, publishing, artist management, etc. and leave the little chain-sawed bear sculptures to Branson and Pigeon Forge.

Let's just build a nice new theme park with cool rides, good music shows and then a new convention center and forget this Branson stuff. Branson is where radio-scorned entertainers go to continue to make tons of money. And that's a good thing, but I'd rather we stick with what we do best, recording, publishing, artist management, etc. and leave the little chain-sawed bear sculptures to Branson and Pigeon Forge.

Amen to that!

I remember hearing somewhere that the Opry didn't want Branson type shows here because it would hurt the Opry attendance. I cant remember where i heard it or from who but it was very recently.

I can't believe the people at the Opry would say that. It's idiotic! Attendance at the Opry would soar if a Branson type development was nearby. There would be tens of thousands of potential Opry viewers in the area on vacation with time to spare and money in their pockets. What more could the folks at Opryland want?

Archived