Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malec

Abu Dhabi: REEM ISLAND

A big expansion for Abu Dhabi. It's on a new island (a natural one not artificial) and is set to house 100,000 people eventually. Here are the renders:

island.JPG

ola_01_b_140904.jpg

biz_01_b_140905.jpg

sorouh028jr.jpg

Here's a model

dr3w2b.jpg

shamsabudhabi7ob.jpg

shamsabudhabi099ju.jpg

shamsabudhabi106sa.jpg

shamsabudhabi112mw.jpg

shamsabudhabi129ew.jpg

shamsabudhabi130qy.jpg

shamsabudhabi076us.jpg

shamsabudhabi067ti.jpg

shamsabudhabi8gc.jpg

sorouh039ft.jpg

This is unbelievably huge. Thanks for the update Malec!!

Is the Gate Project included in this? I saw a picture on the end of your post that looked like the Gate Project, but wasn't sure if it was going to be included in this.

Yes it's included. The gate's just a few towers in this project. I think those quadruplets are supposed to be 300m+, alhough the design will probably change by the time it starts to get built. According to SA Boy, there are a set of 88F twins in the works for Abu Dhabi. He said they're stunners so can't wait!! :D

^Wow, I can't believe they changed they designs for the Gate from the highest being 60 Floors, to two towers now being 80+ Floors!!

This is great news for Abu Dhabi. This is a project that easily rivals projects in Dubai.

Absolutely amazing project this is. I'm tempted to say it's better than business bay in Dubai, although we still don't know what the towers will look like in business bay. Here are more renders of this project:

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

:w00t:

Great Images Malec.

A few of those towers look like 100 Floor Highrises.

A Question: Are these towers going to be the ones that are going to be in Reem Island?

Yes these are in Reem Island. I think those two twins have replaced the old 4 connected towers. These new ones might be 88F btw whereas the old ones were 75F

And the good thing is is that these will be the exact skyscrapers constructed in this project. So what you're looking at it is actually going to be built.

Al Reem Island being developed by 3 different developers was a great idea, though when people describe the development they normally talk about the 60% owned by Tamouh Investments, but most of the hype has been for Sorouh's 20% as Shams Abu Dhabi.