Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nitro

A shortage of cranes

I bet all the construction won't be hampered by this, I mean, the construction companies had to have made reservations for cranes..?

I think for the Marriott and Pepper Construction, they'll be fine. Wolverine Construction at River House on the other hand... :huh: I believe those are the only two sites with tower cranes we're bound to see this year anyway.

I believe it. I read a year or two ago that Berlin had over 400 tower cranes working in the city at one time :shok:

berlinCranes01.jpg

Of course, when we were in Ireland years ago, they were using small tower cranes to build 3 - 4 story buildings.

I imagine Dubai has to be up there. The Burj Dubai high-rise is using 9 or 10 alone. In pretty much any picture of buildings under construction there the background is filled with cranes. With 256 buildings under construction and 197 approved it's pretty amazing to think how many cranes they must be using.

I imagine Dubai has to be up there. The Burj Dubai high-rise is using 9 or 10 alone. In pretty much any picture of buildings under construction there the background is filled with cranes. With 256 buildings under construction and 197 approved it's pretty amazing to think how many cranes they must be using.

I found this fascinating site with aerial photos of Dubai. Unbelieveable!

http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/dubaiaerials&page=all

I remember reading a few years ago that 1/4 of the world's construction cranes were in Shanghai

What a waste. Occupancy rates there are terrible. The Chinese government is building for the sake of looking modern. They have few plans for what to use their thousands upon thousands of unoccupied buildings for.

^Yah I seen that game, I love SIMCITY 2000!

I don't know if you were joking or not Rizzo, but that's NOT SimCity. Click on the thumbnails :shok:

I didn't realize the Palm Jumeirah was so far along. They've got Villas up all over those branches.

You know GR could look like the first picture if we all try hard enough. ;-)

Are you kidding, Dubai and Shanghai are speculative building on Meth :w00t: I don't think there are enough wealthy people on the PLANET to fill all that space. :P

Well, I guess we wouldn't be trying our best then, now would we? You could go hitup Meijers to get the supplies. Get: duct tape, drinking strays, and cool looking LEDs and there we go, kablam! the framework for our skyscrapers!!! POW!

Well if that is all speculative, then isn't that just a terible waste of skyscraper for GR?! If they waste all our stuff then we'd really be making our skyscrapers out of the supplies I just mentioned!