A shortage of cranes

Nitro

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine Dubai has to be up there. The Burj Dubai high-rise is using 9 or 10 alone. In pretty much any picture of buildings under construction there the background is filled with cranes. With 256 buildings under construction and 197 approved it's pretty amazing to think how many cranes they must be using.

I imagine Dubai has to be up there. The Burj Dubai high-rise is using 9 or 10 alone. In pretty much any picture of buildings under construction there the background is filled with cranes. With 256 buildings under construction and 197 approved it's pretty amazing to think how many cranes they must be using.

I found this fascinating site with aerial photos of Dubai. Unbelieveable!

http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/dubaiaerials&page=all

I remember reading a few years ago that 1/4 of the world's construction cranes were in Shanghai

What a waste. Occupancy rates there are terrible. The Chinese government is building for the sake of looking modern. They have few plans for what to use their thousands upon thousands of unoccupied buildings for.

Well, I guess we wouldn't be trying our best then, now would we? You could go hitup Meijers to get the supplies. Get: duct tape, drinking strays, and cool looking LEDs and there we go, kablam! the framework for our skyscrapers!!! POW!

Well if that is all speculative, then isn't that just a terible waste of skyscraper for GR?! If they waste all our stuff then we'd really be making our skyscrapers out of the supplies I just mentioned!

Archived