JCPenney - Hickory Hollow Mall

memphian

I made it out to Steve and Barrys today and I have to say its quite a neat store. You cant beat $8 shirts. I do wish they would have put the store in a different mall. Like many other Nashvillians I usually stay away from HH if I can. Either way though nice addition.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, check it out - a post from me BEFORE midnight...

They have (for guys) some nice polos/long sleeve pull-overs that can be worn to work, sweats, warm ups, jackets (mostly collegiate), some pants, and LOTS of tee shirts. Everything is Steve and Barry brand.

The interesting thing of the university tee shirts/sweatshirts is that everything I saw looked really nice - good taste, popular yet not too 'trendy'. Not a large selection of UT or TSU stuff, but what they have is really cool. Lot of Duke, Michigan, etc. but also FSU, Notre Dame, Florida, LSU, IU, UConn, Ohio State, and Texas to name a few. No UK stuff - go figure! Hmmmm......

Interesting: I overheard at the checkout that this is the first store offer women's clothing (ranges from casual work to tee-shirts as well). Also, heard the same person say they planned to open, I think I heard correctly, 81 stores in the next year.

They call themselves a "Collegiate Store" and they don't have one of the most popular universities in the nation (UK)??? That is just stupid, but then again....Kentucky may have told them "No" when approached about a license. Yes, I am a huge UK fan too. So, they don't get my money.

Good, there's too much UK crap around here anyway! Now I promise not to get off topic anymore :)

My wife says that store is great, and she's been several times. I was talking to a friend last night about their line of shoes from Stephon Marbury called Starbury's, that are priced at $15. Supposedly, Marbury is trying to prove a point that Nike's are way overpriced due to marketing costs (they did sign a $90 million shoe deal with LeBron James). I'll have to buy a pair and report back.

Archived