Dallas from the keyhole - Chase Tower Skylobby

Ninjatune

This short thread will cover the Sky Lobby portion of my tour from today.

I'm trying to keep my threads short for the 56K'ers, and those who just plain don't like long threads..

The lobby's views are more of a tease than anything..

Just pointed a hair in the wrong direction for one of the most amazing views in Dallas,

but hey.. what are you gonna do?.. Its still quite nice.. And it takes one hellavu pic..

01780ay.jpg

01877sc.jpg

01839ai.jpg

Glass got in the way...

01815hd.jpg

01868vp.jpg

01849xv.jpg

01857pd.jpg

2 shots... can't pick a fave... so here are both..

01902tg.jpg

01915kh.jpg

01920yn.jpg

01820kq.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never realized you could get up in that thing, awesome.

Another place with great views of Dallas is the 17th floor of Baylor Medical Center or the adjacent parking deck. I may try to take some pics and post them but the problem is that it's a complete panorama - you're too close to the action to get a good shot with the whole skyline.

I'm so sorry its taken me so long to respond everyone.

Mith242: Sorry for the delay man.. These were taken with a brand new Powershot A610, but most of what I've posted in this forum are from my older Powershot A95. The two are almost exactly alike, but the new A610 just wears the A95 out. Better colors and a much sharper file. For $299 it does the trick....

But I'm happy to gloat that I'll soon join the EOS 20D clan.. After a two year wait I decided to bite the bullet and finance one..

If all goes according to plan I'll be in the RAW by next week.. I can't wait...

Aporkalypse: You bet.. Its well worth the trip.. And I must say, it was nice to have security point me in the direction of the SL lift with my camera and tripod in hand.. Any other tower downtown would have suits all over you like white on rice before you even clear the rotating door.

I took this from the parking garage back when I lived in Deep Ellum.. Nice view..

31248lg.th.jpg

Again, I apologize for the sloth like speed of my response, and appreciate all of your comments..

I figured since you guys dig that 3rd shot I'd post one for your desktop viewing pleasure..

updt9lr.th.jpg

I'm so sorry its taken me so long to respond everyone.

Mith242: Sorry for the delay man.. These were taken with a brand new Powershot A610, but most of what I've posted in this forum are from my older Powershot A95. The two are almost exactly alike, but the new A610 just wears the A95 out. Better colors and a much sharper file. For $299 it does the trick....

But I'm happy to gloat that I'll soon join the EOS 20D clan.. After a two year wait I decided to bite the bullet and finance one..

If all goes according to plan I'll be in the RAW by next week.. I can't wait...

Ah, a Canon, should have known. I'm a Canon man myself. Congrats on the EOS 20D. Wish I could talk myself into getting one of those. I'm looking forward to seeing your new pics.

Archived