Virginia Beach Light Rail and Transit

vdogg

• 5 months later...

no sh*t, i live on shore drive and i just cant stand it. why why why.....do people insist on driving 35 and sometimes even 30 mph on this road???????

and they all drive phatty rides with plates like this.....

edit: inappropriate image

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: Dude i say again you are too funny! :rofl::thumbsup:

Seriously guys, we need to keep the off-topic post in the off-topic thread. I feel that I have been very polite about the situation but it is becoming hard to manage. When people come to a thread they expect to see discussion on issues related to that thread. I have been deleting post without comment but that does not seem to deter so I am going to have to start warning people from here on out. It is not hard to find the off-topic thread, It is right at the top of the forum.

• 3 months later...

Not at all. I think VDOT is still questioning the plan bc of the wetlands but I think the project is still on the table.

The Army Corp of Engineers and the environmental resource agencies are still questioning the plan for that road. Otherwise, it's still supported and going through the EIS process. Stay tuned, but let's not hold our breath.

I think it's time we start hammering away on this subject in Va. Beach. Norfolk seems to be getting their act together but we seem to be dead in the water on most if not all of our initiatives. 264 overpass -postponed, BRT-delayed due to BRAC issues, southeastern expressway-turned down by army corp of engineers due to environmental issues. Purchasing Norfolk southern right of way-where are we on that?

I've found some links and some diagrams that I think you guys may be interested in in relation to Virginia Beachs BRT system.

Hot topics-BRT

BRT plan Warning! .pdf file.

BRT.jpg

TowncenterStation.jpg

preferredBRTroute.jpg

stationlocations.jpg

initialBRT.jpg

futurephases.jpg

Now admittedly, I'd much rather see LRT than BRT but after looking over the .pdf, I don't think it's such a bad plan. My only issue, way too much focus on the oceanfront. I think they need to turn more of their attention to our burgeoning business district first.

Well, that BRT route expansion graphic is interesting. BRT is supposed to have dedicated lanes. That's what differentiates it from regular buses. So why is it shown as travelling on streets and highways? Does VB plan on taking a couple lanes from city streets? Will BRT's Shore Dr route mean the City is bent on making it a 6-lane road? And what about the NS ROW? Why does BRT travel down 264 and not on the ROW?

Well, that BRT route expansion graphic is interesting. BRT is supposed to have dedicated lanes. That's what differentiates it from regular buses. So why is it shown as travelling on streets and highways? Does VB plan on taking a couple lanes from city streets? Will BRT's Shore Dr route mean the City is bent on making it a 6-lane road? And what about the NS ROW? Why does BRT travel down 264 and not on the ROW?

You know what they stop it all at the Town Center area and don't connect to Norfolk. This is completely stupid. Vabeach needs to get their heads out of their @sses! :angry:

Ughh <_< . Did anyone have th misfortune of travelling the Town Center area between say 4:30 and 6 today? I'm talking gridlock, New York style. It was nuts. I know i've complained about starbucks et al taking up valuable real estate but i'm actually glad they were there 2day. I pulled over, grabbed a cup of coffee, and sat it out. I've decided i'm not driving anymore til after Christmas is over! :lol:

Edited by vdogg