Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nashville_bound

The Adelicia, the 197-unit condominiums going up in Midtown

I do love all of these towers like Signature Tower, Adelicia, Viridian, Icon, Terrazzo, Encore for the purpose of ridding the city of surface parking lots and also property tax revenue for the city. With all of these new projects, we are going to realize at least 100,000,000 dollars in annualized tax revenues! Although I believe all buildings 300 feet and taller should be in the CBD, if Alex S. Palmer builds his towers, more revenue is brought to the city. Hopefully our built environment model won't superceed Atlanta's sprawl at all costs design, but the more lots that are economically vibrant, the less crime and less cause for concern to the citizens of Nashville.

I do love all of these towers like Signature Tower, Adelicia, Viridian, Icon, Terrazzo, Encore for the purpose of ridding the city of surface parking lots and also property tax revenue for the city. With all of these new projects, we are going to realize at least 100,000,000 dollars in annualized tax revenues! Although I believe all buildings 300 feet and taller should be in the CBD, if Alex S. Palmer builds his towers, more revenue is brought to the city. Hopefully our built environment model won't superceed Atlanta's sprawl at all costs design, but the more lots that are economically vibrant, the less crime and less cause for concern to the citizens of Nashville.

2006 is going to be a tremendous year of growth in both downtown and midtown Nashville! At the very least, the Adelicia, the Icon, and the Terrazzo with all break ground, and will be breaking ground very soon. On top of that, the possibility exists for the Encore to break ground, and possibly even the Signature late in the year. Many other high rise projects are real possibilities for next year as well, including the Sounds project, the new office tower next to the Schemerhorn, and even West End Summit. Wow! I'm hoping all this momentum will have the effect of lessening the urban sprawl currently taking place and begin to reverse the tide of most of the Nashville Metro growth taking place outside its city limits. I'm hoping that this happens before Nashville becomes so big and spread out like Atlanta that commuting becomes almost nightmarish. I travelled to Atlanta yesterday on business. Traffic in that city is quickly becoming almost hellish. I predict that if Atlanta continues to grow as it is currently growing, continues to sprawl as it is continuing to sprawl, and commuters continue to drive longer and longer distances each year to work as they are continuing to do, that in about 20 years the city will in a complete state of gridlock. This is something that I sincerely hope Nashville can avoid, but that I fear could easily happen.

The Adelicia is going to be a beautiful addition to midtown Nashville!

There's a cool model inside one of the front windows at the Roundabout. I'll try to get a picture soon. The sales center looks very cool. I may have to visit soon.

If you make over there, could you take a picture of the model and post it? That would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum FutureArchitect. Its always great to get another fan hooked. Looking forward to getting your input.

Where are you going to school?

Welcome to the forum. You will find that like myself, most members are closet designers, planners and architects but we like to maintain our amateur status. :)

I look forward to reading your insights.

OK y'all, I'm gonna ask a very dumb question, and make it known how little I really know about Nashville. But exactly where is Midtown. And what is the difference between downtown, westend, soho, and the gulch?

OK y'all, I'm gonna ask a very dumb question, and make it known how little I really know about Nashville. But exactly where is Midtown. And what is the difference between downtown, westend, soho, and the gulch?

I think I have this right, hope it helps... You may mean "SoBro" (rather than soho) and it is really part of "downtown," however, on the south side of Broadway (which divides downtown between N & S). The hall of fame, arena, and new symphony would be considered SoBro.

As you head west on Broadway, away from downtown but still within the interstate loop, the Gulch is on the south side of Broadway near the Union Station Hotel. I believe it inherited its name from the traintracks that used to serve Union Station when it was once a train station.

Back on Broadway, Midtown begins on the west side of the interstate loop (crossing over heading west). Midtown extends primarily to Vanderbilt, at which point Broadway turns into West End. The West End neighborhood extends at least to I-440 if not slightly further west.

Yep, it (the Gulch) got its name form the tracks and the shallow valley it sets in. In the country we call a shallow, creek bed type valley (or "drain") a gulch. In some places they are called brooks, hollars, valley's, fjords, bowls, and sinks.