Residential Projects in downtown Winston-Salem

intcvlcphlga

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good news all around. the numbers are nice..1000 units currently proposed, younger demographic, monetary benefits for the city, and i cant get over Goler depot, or now "The heights"...Winston-Salem's version of Georgetown? Should be interesting to follow.

While Georgetown is an interesting model to follow, and quite aspirational on their part, they would have to get a lot of Buena Vista to move there to match the socio-economics of Georgetown. Perhaps, they should look to a model like Glover Park or Adam's Morgan/Mt Pleasant area - which is actually a more interesting area in a lot of respects. I hope they are able to achieve their goals though and get the project built out and fully-occupied. I especially like their loft project - it should be a lot like the Piedmont Leaf Lofts.

I noticed that the Journal left out the rowhouses being built on Second Street. I wonder how many residents will live in that development - and for that matter, what the population of the Holly Avenue area is...

While Georgetown is an interesting model to follow, and quite aspirational on their part, they would have to get a lot of Buena Vista to move there to match the socio-economics of Georgetown. Perhaps, they should look to a model like Glover Park or Adam's Morgan/Mt Pleasant area - which is actually a more interesting area in a lot of respects. I hope they are able to achieve their goals though and get the project built out and fully-occupied. I especially like their loft project - it should be a lot like the Piedmont Leaf Lofts.

I noticed that the Journal left out the rowhouses being built on Second Street. I wonder how many residents will live in that development - and for that matter, what the population of the Holly Avenue area is...

True, Int. Or Dupont Circle or U Street. Any pics of the rowhouses on Second Street?

True, Int. Or Dupont Circle or U Street. Any pics of the rowhouses on Second Street?

There are pics of them in the "Progress in DT W-S" thread. They're actually pretty well done and built into a hill which makes them look a little more interesting. U Street would be a great model to follow b/c of the commercial activity and semi-hip feel to it.

There are pics of them in the "Progress in DT W-S" thread. They're actually pretty well done and built into a hill which makes them look a little more interesting. U Street would be a great model to follow b/c of the commercial activity and semi-hip feel to it.

I like those rowhouses, the nice thing about them is they're clearly an urban design yet avoid merely copying another city's housing style.

Archived