New Metro Memphis megasite

Bears

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article says automotive is what the city is leaning towards, but pharmaceutical, food processing and warehouse and distribution are all possibilities. I hope Tunica gets a pharmaceutical plant because that will bring even more quality jobs to the metro area. Theres lots of development going into the medical district so it'll be nice to see some of that spill over into nearby counties.

That will be an extremely competative site as far as infrastructure goes, air quality might be an issue though being so close to Memphis. Thats probably the only thing hindering the Marion, Arkansas site.

I think Crittendent County got some sort of waiver. I'm not entirely sure though.

I also think the only counties under the air quality standards were Crittenden, DeSoto, and Shelby. Again, I'm not entirely certain.

West Memphis could go a long way towards helping the area by enacting some sort of requirement banning the overnight idling of the zillion trucks that sit there at the zillion truck stops. :(

The article says automotive is what the city is leaning towards, but pharmaceutical, food processing and warehouse and distribution are all possibilities. I hope Tunica gets a pharmaceutical plant because that will bring even more quality jobs to the metro area. Theres lots of development going into the medical district so it'll be nice to see some of that spill over into nearby counties.

I hope Tunica does better than a warehouse/distribution center. Those jobs are better than no jobs, but the other possibilities would certainly pay better.

Since Tunica/West DeSoto County looks poised to go upscale with those other new mega developments, it would be nice if the industry would match.

I think Crittendent County got some sort of waiver. I'm not entirely sure though.

I also think the only counties under the air quality standards were Crittenden, DeSoto, and Shelby. Again, I'm not entirely certain.

West Memphis could go a long way towards helping the area by enacting some sort of requirement banning the overnight idling of the zillion trucks that sit there at the zillion truck stops. :(

Didn't they just find some kinda rare bird in Crittenden? Maybe ecotourism can take off. After Hino began developing thier plant in Marion, I began to worry W. Memphis may also get some factories and get the idea to build thier version of Presidents Island right across the river from DT Memphis :sick:

Is that land across the river undeveloped or is it already a protected park?

Didn't they just find some kinda rare bird in Crittenden? Maybe ecotourism can take off. After Hino began developing thier plant in Marion, I began to worry W. Memphis may also get some factories and get the idea to build thier version of Presidents Island right across the river from DT Memphis :sick:

That's the Ivory Billed Woodpecker, thought to be extinct for 50 or so years. As my Arkansas relatives unfortunately said, "I hear them birds is good eatin'". :P

It was found in the Cache River swamps just west of Forrest City.

I think West Memphis already has some little port facility.

the land directly across from downtown memphis (in arkansas) is part of the flood plain and cant legally be developed excepted for farming which sometimes can benifit from a flood. if you look closly you'll see a large hill or levee just after you leave west memphis.

Archived