Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenkins

Fun with the 'rents

So my parents will be in town for a day next week (up from Florida of course). Any idea's what to do with them in Providence? Last year did the Newport thing with just a little driving tour of Providence, but this year I'd like to just stay in Providence. I am thinking maybe the RISD musuem. Any other ideas?

Dinner on Federal Hill is always a good option. Or maybe one of the restaurants downcity, and then some walking around the shops and bars in that area. You could also see what's playing at PPAC if they like shows. If they're into sports, check out what Brown or PC teams are playing.

You could also see what's playing at PPAC if they like shows.

Or Trinity, or Perishable, or The Gamm up in Pawtucket.

My mom loved Wickenden Street, I didn't realize she would, but there's some nice antique stores up there.

Leave Mom at home and bring Dad to the Foxy Lady.

:shok: Now there's an idea!

Or Trinity, or Perishable, or The Gamm up in Pawtucket.

My mom loved Wickenden Street, I didn't realize she would, but there's some nice antique stores up there.

I could see my mom also liking Wickenden with the antique shops, Dad is another story, naturally.

my wife and i bring our folks to Pastiche whenever they are in town.. its become ritual for us and it has gotten to thepoint where my parents come up just to go to there they love it so much..so yeah, a walk around federal hill with lunch at Bob and Timmys maybe then a walk down to Pastiche for coffee and dessert is always enjoyable with the rents.

Dinner on Federal Hill is always a good option. Or maybe one of the restaurants downcity, and then some walking around the shops and bars in that area. You could also see what's playing at PPAC if they like shows. If they're into sports, check out what Brown or PC teams are playing.

That's a good idea, I'll see what is playing at the various venues. When I lived in Boston I took them to see Blue Man, Dad loved it, I don't think my Mom quite new what to make of the whole thing.

If you want to get rid of them for a little while, you could book them a couples massage at Spadyssey. I got my parents one for thier birthdays (they both turned 50 this year). It's more affordable than Red Door, and surprisingly, my stepfather loved it.

and surprisingly, my stepfather loved it.

Wasn't one of those happy endings massage parlors I've been reading about in the news lately was it :whistling:

my wife and i bring our folks to Pastiche whenever they are in town.. its become ritual for us and it has gotten to thepoint where my parents come up just to go to there they love it so much..so yeah, a walk around federal hill

well, I was up there yesterday morning closer towards Rt 10 and the ice on the sidewalks were unreal, so go slow.