Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malec

Infinity Tower

17 posts in this topic

Quite turning-torso like. Didn't like the tower at first because I thought it was a plain copy. Looks very good though. The details are way different.

sports_01.jpg

sports_05.jpg

marina_04.jpg

marina_05.jpg

building_04.jpg

building_05.jpg

building_06.jpg

I can see these guys forgot to show the other 5 or so supertalls across the street :D

The tower does look an aweful lot like the new high-rises going in Turkey!!

I think I have a pic of this building also, although I'm not sure if it's condos or office space:

infinitytower7pq.jpg

It's also a bit similar to a Calatrava building in Sweden. Sorry, I don't have a pic offhand of it.

Yes, that's what I meant by it being "turning-torso like" :D

I guess that's the new big trend now. I wonder if Calatrava's is the first tower designed like that.

I guess that's the new big trend now. I wonder if Calatrava's is the first tower designed like that.

The one's in Instanbul haven't even been approved, so I doubt that they came before Calatrava's.

It's also a bit similar to a Calatrava building in Sweden. Sorry, I don't have a pic offhand of it.

The Turning Torso in Malmo, Sweden is one of my favorite buildings in the world. It looks amazing in pictures, but when you see it first hand, the building awe's you. It was still under construction when I visited my family in Malmo a couple of years ago.

img001.jpeg.medium.jpeg

torso.jpg

The tower in Duba looks great as well. I'm sure it will be taller than the Turning Torso in Malmo, which is only around 700 feet tall.

Wow, that's an interesting building!

I can't wait to see one in Dubai.

Thanks for the pic NCB!!!

Yeah thanks for the pic NCB. Hopefully I can get you to take some pics of it when you go back to Sweden. :D

Hopefully I can get you to take some pics of it when you go back to Sweden. :D

If I am able to go, you can count on it!

It looks like ground work has begun on the Infinity Tower, but I have no photos though.

^I definately look forward to seeing pics of this one.

It should be rising (ie, foundation done, etc) by the end of next year, along with 23 marina (starting earlier), princess tower, the torch and ocean heights.

It should be rising (ie, foundation done, etc) by the end of next year, along with 23 marina (starting earlier), princess tower, the torch and ocean heights.

It's about time these highrises in the Marina started getting built.

It seems like all of them are just in Foundation work now.

Are we sick and tired of hearing 'the tallest building with' branded on every next tower which pops up. This one, Infinity Tower, is the tallest residential tower with a twist.

Dubai does have a lot of new World's Tallest Buildings being built with some catch in them. If you don't like hearing about them, you don't have to post here. :D