Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

socaguy

Aiken Mall

5 posts in this topic

I guess while we are on the topic of malls and shopping centers, I got to wondering if the Aiken Mall is still thriving? When I left Augusta almost 6 years ago I had heard that mall was struggling. A few month back while visiting Aiken I drove by it and noticed they had put in new parking with traffic circles and the parking lots werent empty. Has this mall been renovated? Seems like a prime mall for a new "Lifestyle addition" like the Augusta Mall is getting. Aiken would be very receptive to something like that I would imagine.

From pics and things i've seen it looks like a typical small town mall. If anything, in terms of redevelopment, it might be good to see everything developed into a lifestyle center- not just a portion

I posted a Aiken County Forum on the SC page. I suppose it's in the more appropriate place. All things related to Aiken county and it's many cities and communities can be referred there.

Aiken County, SC

True, but Aiken is a very important part of the Augusta metro area. Moreso than Spartanburg or Anderson are to Greenville.

I didnt realize there was an Aiken thread in use over in the SC forums...lol, I started it a while back. It looks like a good place to browse whats new in Aiken so check it out.