Another Office Park Development in Nashville

smeagolsfree

This is the last thing I wanted to see, but there is another office park going in Nashville. This time in East Nashville right where Elm Hill Pike goes under I 40. This is only 5 or 6 minutes from the airport. I did get an idea of the amount of space going in here and its about 725,000 sq ft to start with. I guess it could be worse. It could be outside the county.

Here's the link

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...0/1194/COUNTY01

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I do not know for sure, but there was a post on bid clerk that listed a 63 acre site with 723,000 sq ft. office development. I clicked on the map on that site which just gives a general location and it was about a mile from this location. So the chances are pretty good they are both the same project. I realize this is speculation, but I keep a close eye on a couple of sites and have not been let down yet.

Its not the greatest news for dense urban development, but as far as ecnonomic develop goes its sounds like a good location for companies looking for office with a preference or need for easy air-access, or warehouse space near the airport if thats the case.

If thats what a lot of companies want and thats what it takes to get them to locate offices or industry in the city, I can't fault the local government and/or private investors from developing property to appeal to those needs.

Maybe offices, but there won't any freight coming or going from this development. I've seen this one on the Planning Commission a couple of times already. The neighborhood is getting a bit freaky over office workers, I can imagine what would happen if something involving trucks were to go in.

I anticipate an office park like Century City. Attractive, visible, and making a fine statement about Nashville's economic health as you drive in to town on the superstar freeway systems being developed in that area.

Archived