NEW CONDO HIGHRISE! 18-20 Stories! (proposed)

TD

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, Tallaman provided us with the info, He says that It will be on the bp gas station property, and that the bp will close in january, and they will then prepare the site not much is known right now. but its exciting!

to quote the post in the other thread:

OK, here's some more info for you. The BP at the corner of north Monroe and Tennessee is scheduled to shut down in early January and be sold, including the NAPA Auto Care place at the corner of Tennessee and Calhoun to a developer (I suspect it is BOOTH HOLDINGS BOOTH TRUST LLC, same owner as the office building on the north side of the BP, although I don't know for sure) who plans build a condo high rise and ground level retail. I haven't heard any details on the proposal, only the generalities I've provided, but the closing is definitley scheduled for early January and the buyers want the BP closed and out right away. After demolition of the 13,000 s.f. office, the auto service buildings and gas station, the new development is supposed to cover both properties with a land area of about two acres. I can't verify the size of the proposed building or the number of units, but 18-20 stories is the number I heard suggested. I really like the idea of mixed use.

This is definately exciting news. I've hated that Gas Station on that corner for years and I'm breathing a sigh of relief at the thought that they will sell to a condo developer. This well definately be the talk of City Hall when I break the news to them today. I don't think our people know yet.

Thank you Tallaman!!! Awesome dude.

Oh, and for those worried, I don't think the vacant property at Tennessee and Monroe will sit vacant much longer either. I've heard there have been several proposals to develop that property.

Amazingly, they already knew. I was upset they were keeping me out of the loop. Yes, Booth is the developer and they do propose a high rise condo project there. The max height limit is 150' so to build taller, they must apply for a variance if they want to go with plans for 18-20 stories tall.

Certainally a good location for a quality project.

so are they proposing a building that tall taht will be an entire block wide? that would be cool. tj, what are the projects proposed for the opposite corner of tenn st and n. monroe? also, will they ever do anything with the parking lot that i believe is now being used for tennysin workers on tenn st?

I think, if Booth is smart, they won't attempt to cover the entire pad with cement and building... I'd like to see some setback and some greenery. Kinda similar to what you see at the Dept of Education building... where the tower doesn't impose on the street or other buildings. This is coming from the notion that the entire block will be available to develop. Sure, the larger lot opens up their options, but I hope they are sensitive to the character of a pedestrian friendly atmosphere and use this opportunity to bring in some landscaping to a corner that has long been seen as a cement eyesoar.

Its always amazing to me how a project, like this can move forward so quickly. As far as I know they haven't even come before the planning commission for approval of anytype. Or maybe I'm missing something and they recieved their permits long ago.As in, over 10 years ago. But I'll look this up. I'm not 100% sure people need permits to demolish anything, but I'm almost sure they do.

Archived