NEW CONDO HIGHRISE! 18-20 Stories! (proposed)

TD

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're right. And to me its amazing they don't pay closer attention to the condition of Tennessee Street. Monroe, not as bad, but Tennessee is often terrible because it is so heavily traveled. I do agree that it will be much more pleasing to the eye to drive down a freshly paved road.

Nice photos of the BP. BTW, the owners, George Unglaub and Bill Cloud have been working that station on that corner for over 36 years. I know a lot of you don't mind seeing that station go in favor of a high-rise condo, but George and Bill are the kind of businessmen that helped create the environment needed to support the highrises we all love. When they started, that wasn't even part of downtown. We owe them a lot and can now build on what they started. They will be missed.

^ Good point.... no one mentions sleep benifits for the people who choose to live downtown, but its something these Student Housing complexes near campus try to sell us all the time. Get the extra sleep and walk to class...

... Downtown, get the extra sleep and walk to work, or watch a little more t.v. in the morning, or read the paper, or take a look outside of your high-rise window. Who cares... you're across the street from your job and you can just jet out 10 minutes before you have to be at work.

Awesome benefit.

It's Booth that is the developer for this property? Ah man, that stinks. I think they are by far the worst multi-family developers in the city. I loathe all of their brightly colored cheap-looking properties. Even if they are student housing, they could do better. In 5 years all that brightly colored vinyl will fade in the sun to become even uglier. The only thing they do well is that they sometimes put the parking for their properties underneath the building thus saving space and giving the property a more urban feel.

A 20 story brightly colored vinyl rainbow building will look like a pack of Smarties candy or a pack of Pez candy.

they wouldnt approve a rainbow tower, i believe it will be conservative.

Well that's almost as bad to me for that means....bricks and crappy myrtles galore. :angry:

How 'bout some glass towers people?

I've noticed in your skyline shots TJ that almost all of our skyline is plain white or tan. BORING! Not enough color in it. Some glass would be cool (yes I know Highpoint, but one bldg is not enough.) For a city that is what 35% non-white? We sure have a "honky" skyline.

Already, I was wondering when someone would say something about oru bland skyline. Why our skyline gotta be white, why can't it be glass like those big-city skylines. I'd be all for a black skyline if it would make for an attractive city center.

Well Tallahassee needs a skyline suited for a mid-sized city before we can get a big city skyline going. We're on out way to a mid-sized city skyline but we've got a way to go. The buildings in our skyline are mainly white because they're mostly government buildings and government buildings are normally white or ivory colored. But we're diversifying, and as we continue to do so the buildings will take on a different character, and give our skyline more excitement.

Poonther, I'm all for the glass!

Archived