NEW CONDO HIGHRISE! 18-20 Stories! (proposed)

TD

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The gas pumps were being removed this morning around 9:00. There was a lot of activity on the lot, but I could not tell if the car rental office had been closed. Anyone want to estimate how long until the gas station, auto shop and rental kiosk are gone and the lot is leveled?

They said the rental car place had 90 days right...?

I'm sure that TaureanJ will have photos up for us soon, but the removal of the pumps is creating quite a mess on the lot and I can't imagine that Hertz will be doing much business with all that going on at their doorstep. There is safety fencing up, which will severely limit automobile access, etc.

The correction I got from speaking with Michael Parker, Economic Development, is 15 stories, but the builder can always ask for a variance. I want to speak to Booth about this project or get a story out of the Tallahassee Democrat. It kills me that we've been speaking about this as long as we have and nothing has come up in the news paper. On the flip side, we've had one article on the project operating under "Diamond at Monroe LLC" and nothing since. One thing that really bothers me are reporters who don't follow up on their reports.

Oh my!! Taste delicious! :lol: WB TallahasseeDowntown.

Murphy I've heard from everyone that I've spoke to about this project that the Gas Station, the NAPA, the art gallery/architecture firm behind it will go. There is a row of suburban looking offices that may survive the demo. But like you I'm not sure because all I have to go on is word of mouth.

Good to know someone likes the breakup in the skyline... I personally don't. I think it was poor planning that allowed such low density buildings to be built between the Radission, hotel and the rest of downtown. The property should have one large building, IMO, instead of several small buildings that are hidden behind very small trees. You hardly even notice these offices if you're not looking for them. PLUS they look cheap.

i agree with the cheepness, but i like having a view, and a lower neighbor gives you just that. (and you know i am a big supporter of height). And think of it as an exclaimation point on a building (provided the roof is attractive and peaked) adding emphasis to its hieght. I hate huge buildings iscolated (turlington or the Copper top) and the slight infill may help

I want to speak to Booth about this project or get a story out of the Tallahassee Democrat. It kills me that we've been speaking about this as long as we have and nothing has come up in the news paper. On the flip side, we've had one article on the project operating under "Diamond at Monroe LLC" and nothing since. One thing that really bothers me are reporters who don't follow up on their reports.

Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this elsewhere. On the front page, bottom right corner, of Thursday's Democrat there was an ad promotion for an upcoming special section in this Sundays edition: "Business Outlook - Stable capital growth & the downtown condo craze keep Tallahassee's economy steady as she goes. - Sunday's Special Section"

Maybe we'll get some of our lingering questions answered when this special hits the streets Sunday morning. :)

hmm... 15 is nice, but why did the original 18-20 not get passed? i hope they go back to that.

It hasn't even been before permittting. The height limit is 150' right now , so as it now sits that would be the cap BUT the developer can get a variance if they choose for the 18-20.

Glenn, you're on top of things lately. I'll be sure to get the weekend papers for that edition of the Capitol Outlook. It should give us PLENTY to talk about. Gotta keep this Tallahassee Forum buzzin!

Thank you! I'm starting to think this is the reason we haven't seen any growth articles this month... because they're workin on the stinkin preview. I can't wait to read it... front to back. I plan to finally make my scrapbook of developments out of this publication if its any good. If not... I might have to settle for my own photos.

Archived