Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD

Red Hills Horse Trials!

12 posts in this topic

I Love the red hills horse trials. for anyone who doesnt know, its a worldclass equestrian competition every year right here in tallahassee.

Riders come from around the globe to compete and earn points toward the olympic team!

unfortunatley the 2 people in charge of it retired, and it may not continue.....

Phipps, the landowner of where the trials is held has promised to keep it going, but we need this to keep going, its such a cool event. and the economic impact and attention tallahassee gets is so incredible.!!!

Looks like they could find 2 more people or a group to run the trials. It's ashame something like this has to die because only 2 people retire. I realize they did the lion's share of the work, but still looks like they could someone to run thing after they are gone.

I believe the Horse Trials will live on. The community has grown to embrace it, and I know people who count the days on the calendar until the next event. I'm sure some Horse enthusiast will jump in and take the reins.

Anyone notice the special signage off of I-10 for Red Hills Horse Trials. I assume when they put up a sign off of the interstate, its a big deal. This project isn't going anywhere.

No wheres the special signage? is it there year round? also, will this years happen? march 12th? also, Remember I-10 is about to start being pimped. 6 lanes baby!!! with crazy flyovers and aerial ramps!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LOL... if you're driving west from Old Exit 31 to Exit 30 (Thomasville Rd) the red hills horse sign is right before the ramp.

Speaking of riding on I-10.... I think we need to do something Fancy with our Bridges... some look a little rusty... I think we should decorate and/or landscape them like some of the bridges I've seen in Orlando.

not to worry once all the flyovers are flyin around next year fresh white snow like concrete will be hanging in their air merrily.

We should really look at sprucing up our Interstate gateway to make it feel more like entering a Great Capital City. The Pride of Florida.

agreed we wouls kinda have to lie for now, because we need a motorsports park, other entertainment things, to be considered a true capital city