Ice

gs3

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! After nearly 4 days, my cable and telephone service are restored!!! :yahoo:

Travelers Rest and the surrounding area (including Furman) were hit very badly. Electric service was returned to my street at 10:30pm on Thursday Evening; however, the rest of my neighborhood is still without electric as I type. :(

I passed at least 70 trucks from Pike Electric over in Mt. Airy, NC on I-85 today between Greenville and Charlotte. All were no doubt heading over this way. They will no doubt have a busy week ahead of them. Salut!

AHHHHHH! I just got my cable back today!

The phones came back Sunday.

The electricity came back on Tuesday night.

and The cable FINALLY came back on Friday Morning!

I never realized how much I would miss cable TV, but also the internet!!!!

It's good to be back to normal. Now I just have to avoid the LARGE piles of trees and limbs on the roadsides.

Hopefully those scratches can be remedied on your own, but if not your insurance company should reimburse you for repair costs since the damage is due to Mother Nature. About 10 years ago, I had numerous small dents in the roof of my car due to a hail storm, and the insurance company paid for it to be fixed. :thumbsup:

Welcome back! I know what you mean about the piles of trees. I had a run-in with one yesterday and now have several scratches down the passenger side of my car. Fortunately, they seem to be the kind that will easily buff out. :wacko:

Yeah, whats up with that? Think they could go a couple of steps further and actually have the debris OFF (not touching) the pavement?

There are so many trees and powerlines down, that I'm still speechless. Many places look as though tornadoes went through. One place I witnessed in Pickens County looked like the scene I remember in Orlando this past June. There are whole forests with all the tops of the trees broken off. Unbelieveable! We all know how green Greenville is in the Spring and Summer, but this is one of the downsides of so many trees near homes and roadsides. No part of our area is untouched. :(

I'm still amazed too!

I think that a Greenville News article said it best when it stated something along the lines of: Greenville's older neighborhoods are either blessed but at the same time cursed by their beautiful old hardwoods. Alta Vista got hit extremely hard. A transformer actually fell to the ground starting a fire in the middle of the night.

Archived