Dubai Photo of the Day

mcheiss

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dubai11.jpg

Matt refresh my memory what's that building under construction in that last pic?
The Spiral Looking Building?

I'm not sure, but it looks like Office Space to me.

The spiral looking building is the Etisalat Telecommunication & Administration Building. It's a 33-story office building. :D

Ah, I often use emporis as well.
Yeah I found a link to Emporis at the SkyscraperPage. But truthfully I'm seeing many developments on this forum that aren't found at either of those websites. It's nothing short of amazing and even that word doesn't express my thoughts about Dubai.

• 1 month later...

This is always a popular topic in other Forums, so hopefully we can get a little more activity in here.

Here's my pic of the Jumeirah Beach Residences under construction.

JumeirahBeachResidences7.jpg

I'm new to this section of the board and spend 99.9% of my time in the Grand Rapids threads. Someone over there mentioned how incredible Dubai was, so I checked it out. Honestly, it's shocking to see a photo like the one above and see that many buildings being constructed at once.

This may be a silly question, but I know nothing about Dubai or the UAE (except for the ports 'scandal'). How did this construction happen in Dubai? Where did the money and economy come from and how can so many buildings be built at once? How did this all come about?

Great photos, by the way.

• 5 weeks later...

That's just a sort of show island. Most of these islands will actually be resorts such as the australia/south east asia part that's being built by 1 developer and is a single resort. The whole place will be a lot more built up than you might think. Can't imagine the boat traffic :D

Archived