Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

urbanvb

DC area pics

Nice pictures. I need to get over to Old Town Alexandria more often.

I always enjoy going to Old Town. It has such a quaint almost coastal village feel to it. And the combination of retail and housing is awesome. It would be a great place to live imo although I have heard it can be quite pricey.

I always enjoy going to Old Town. It has such a quaint almost coastal village feel to it. And the combination of retail and housing is awesome. It would be a great place to live imo although I have heard it can be quite pricey.

It is very expensive, and getting moreso. Things might cool down a little bit in the future, with the general overheating of the Dc metro housing market, but there is still so much demand for housing, it's a little bit disconcerting. Old Town is a great area to live or simply to visit for a few hours-- lots of fun restaurants and bars.

I like the old town of Occoquan, though it seems to be becoming more and more surrounded by sprawl. It's a small little town with a small town feel right on the Occoquan River. Maybe I can get over there sometime and take some pics when I get back up to school. Hopefully it can hold onto its character.

I could also get out and take some pics of Old Town Fairfax. There's some pretty old buildings there, particularly the old Courthouse building. It's small but there are a few blocks that sort of remind me of Old Towne Alexandria or even parts of Richmond.

I like the old town of Occoquan, though it seems to be becoming more and more surrounded by sprawl. It's a small little town with a small town feel right on the Occoquan River. Maybe I can get over there sometime and take some pics when I get back up to school. Hopefully it can hold onto its character.

I could also get out and take some pics of Old Town Fairfax. There's some pretty old buildings there, particularly the old Courthouse building. It's small but there are a few blocks that sort of remind me of Old Towne Alexandria or even parts of Richmond.

Great pics would be cool. I have a buddy who lives in the city of Fairfax so if I get up that way maybe I can also get some pics. I didn't realize Fairfax had some older buildings.

With the exception of a small area... fairfax city isn't that fantastic. Though, it is undergoing a major redevelopment project

yes it is. I added it in my new construction thread. :)