ODU Development

rusthebuss

Are you trying to start this thread in lieu of talking about it in the development thread? I have no problem with that but I will probably delete your post in the other thread because we don't need the same topic in 2 threads. I'm in Richmond till Thursday so you'll have to give me a bit before I move all the sports related posts to this thread.

I think all the ODU football information should be in one place. The development is related to structures (Forman Field), this thread should be related to the team and team news. Although some stadium information would be nice.

I would like to know things about ODUs style of play, recuits etc. The band, will it be corps style or high stepping march? When is the first Homecoming?

This has all been discussed in the development thread, most of which is unavailable information. I see no need to create another topic just to talk about football, that should be relegated to another forum... may I suggest CAAzone.com

here's a link to the ODU boards at CAAzone... http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=7

these guys probably have the info you're looking for NSUREDD

How many people think Foreman Field will need to be expanded or replaced in the next 10 years?

I don't think it will be replaced, but an expansion is likely if the program is successful. Because the school wants to keep the feel of Foreman Field, I think the North end zone is the most likely spot for future expansion. It's so funny that the there isn't even a team yet and we're already talking about what might happen 10 years from now.

Here is a list of the largest stadiums in IAA. ODU would have the largest stadium in the CAA.

I-AA Stadiums

I-AA.org

Team Name Surface Built Capacity

Yale Yale Bowl Grass 1914 64,269

Jackson State Mississippi Mem Grass 1949 62,512

Pennsylvania Franklin Field AstroTurf 1895 53,000

Harvard Harvard Grass 1903 30,898

Princeton Princeton Grass 1998 30,000

Norfolk State Price Grass 1997 27,700

Cornell Schoellkopf All-Pro Turf 1915 27,000

Florida A&M Bragg Memorial Grass 1957 25,500

Alcorn State Jack Spinks Grass 1992 25,000

Alabama State Cramton Grass 1922 24,600

Southern A.W. Mumford Grass 1928 24,000

Holy Cross Fitton Field Grass 1924 23,500

Montana Washington-Grizzly SprinTurf 1986 23,117

Portland State PGE Park NexTurf 1928 23,000

North Carolina A&T Aggie Grass 1981 23,000

The Citadel Johnson Hagood Grass 1948 22,500

Texas Southern Robertson Grass 1965 22,000

Delaware Delaware Grass 1952 22,000

South Carolina State Dawson Bulldog Grass 1955 22,000

Sacramento State Hornet Stadium Grass 1969 21,418

Richmond Richmond SuperTurf 1929 21,319

Alabama A&M Louis Crews Grass 1996 21,000

Chattanooga Finley Grass 1997 20,668

Dartmouth Memorial Field Grass 1923 20,416

Youngstown State Arnold D. Stambaugh Turf 1982 20,360

Brown Brown Grass 1925 20,000

Eastern Kentucky Roy Kidd Grass 1969 20,000

Grambling State Robinson Grass 1983 19,600

Butler Butler Bowl FieldTurf 1927 19,000

North Dakota State FargoDome AstroTurf 1992 18,700

Georgia Southern Paulson PAT 1984 18,000

Page 1

NCAA ACCUMULATED ATTENDANCE REPORT

AVERAGE ATTENDANCE

October 21, 2007

Division Championshi

p Subdivision

(FCS)

Rank

Appalachian St. 27,884

Tennessee St. 23,440

Montana 23,198

Delaware 21,890

Norfolk St. 19,920

Southern U. 18,913

Ga. Southern 17,918

Yale

Youngstown St.

Northern Iowa

South Carolina St.

James Madison

Montana St.

Liberty

Harvard

McNeese St.

Citadel

N.C. A&T

Furman

Massachusetts

Western Ill.

Illinois St.

Texas St.

Florida A&M

Pennsylvania

Alabama St.

Southern Ill.

Missouri St.

Jackson St.

Princeton

William & Mary

Cornell

Jacksonville St.

Ark.-Pine Bluff

Portland St.

Cal Poly

Villanova

Sam Houston St.

Eastern Ky.

New Hampshire

UC Davis

Tennessee Tech

Hampton

Alcorn St.

Grambling

Northwestern St.

I think all the ODU football information should be in one place. The development is related to structures (Forman Field), this thread should be related to the team and team news. Although some stadium information would be nice.

I would like to know things about ODUs style of play, recuits etc. The band, will it be corps style or high stepping march? When is the first Homecoming?

A lot of information should be available by or around next Feb, when season tickets go on sale.

In the latest issue of the Mace & Crown, President Runte has revealed that the Maglev is working and should be fully operational in the near future. She also discussed other projects on campus (additional student housing, parking, bookstore, Webb Center renovation, Foreman Field renovation, etc.) President Runte also discussed a private real estate development off campus (a 179 room apartment complex yet to be approved by the city), and the Farm Fresh grocery store along 41st street...

"This [project] is still planned, but we're having trouble acquiring all the land we need to get the Farm Fresh here," said Runte. "So this is one of the projects that might take a little longer [than expected]."

The article is not online yet at http://www.maceandcrown.com

Edited by br0guy

In the latest issue of the Mace & Crown, President Runte has revealed that the Maglev is working and should be fully operational in the near future. She also discussed other projects on campus (additional student housing, parking, bookstore, Webb Center renovation, Foreman Field renovation, etc.) President Runte also discussed a private real estate development off campus (a 179 room apartment complex yet to be approved by the city), and the Farm Fresh grocery store along 41st street...

"This [project] is still planned, but we're having trouble acquiring all the land we need to get the Farm Fresh here," said Runte. "So this is one of the projects that might take a little longer [than expected]."

The article is not online yet at http://www.maceandcrown.com

Mace and Crown online is never updated so don't hold your breath.

There's another article in M&C about football seating. There will be 20,000 seats total. The current seating plans has students in 4,000 seats at the corner of the North endzone. Mid-field seats go to alumni and financial donors, and family sections are as far from students as possible.

Also, demolition is continuing at 41st and Hampton, maybe the school is trying to scare people out with all the destruction.

I noticed a new bar going up on ODU's campus. It's called Mixer. I know this isn't really ODU developement but if you remember the campus pre-Ted this is very important.

I saw that too... I think they just renovated a preexisting building. Why is it painted in UNC colors?!?!? You'd think they'd have the sense to use our colors...

I saw that too... I think they just renovated a preexisting building. Why is it painted in UNC colors?!?!? You'd think they'd have the sense to use our colors...

That is one of ODU's colors now. Remember Runte changed it to Navy Blue, Carolina Blue, White & Silver. Hopefully they are going to add some navy to the outside as well.

• 3 weeks later...