SunTrust onsite renderings

it's just dave

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the plans I saw it 'was' a membership based gym that catered to d'town workers and residents. Like all of these projects things change along the way so until a gym opens all is possible or not.

Go here:

http://www.eakinpartners.com/SunTrustPlaza.html

Download brochure. It'll answer many questions. There is a restaurant scheduled for 5th and Commerce with outdoor plaza, a bank branch at 5th and Commerce, and a health club. The connectivity between the Ryman and the building itself are being addressed nicely.

Give it a look, it'll beat specualtion.

This building has been growing on me as of late; I think it will turn out fine. The brick (or brick-ish colored) material used on the lower section prevents it from completely clashing with the Ryman, while the upper parts are modern and fit well with the other buildings along Commerce.

Sure beats a surface lot, anyway...

It looks pretty OK to me, although I do wish it made more of a visual statement, it seems (from that angle) to be just a green glass box. It's nice that DT residents will (assuming no changes to initial plans) be able to use a gym. Slowly, but surely, adding ammenities.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say late winter. I'll see if we have a schedule when I get back in the office.

That's only about 9 months from now. It will be fun watching it rise over that time! For people that may be unaware, SunTrust will actually be 200 ft tall, the same height as the proposed Westin on Broadway that's causing such a fuss due to it supposedly being too tall. In fact, the Sun Trust building will appear taller than the Westin would, because its building site is higher up.

That's only about 9 months from now. It will be fun watching it rise over that time! For people that may be unaware, SunTrust will actually be 200 ft tall, the same height as the proposed Westin on Broadway that's causing such a fuss due to it supposedly being too tall. In fact, the Sun Trust building will appear taller than the Westin would, because its building site is higher up.

It's kinda funny, all the fuss about the Westin looming over Broad's historic buildings when it seems no one raised a stink about a 200 footer rising next door to the Ryman. Personally, I think the Ryman is much, much more historically and culturally valuable than any potentially affected building on the Westin site. Just an observation; I realize there are more concerns re: the Westin.

It's kinda funny, all the fuss about the Westin looming over Broad's historic buildings when it seems no one raised a stink about a 200 footer rising next door to the Ryman. Personally, I think the Ryman is much, much more historically and culturally valuable than any potentially affected building on the Westin site. Just an observation; I realize there are more concerns re: the Westin.

I could not agree with you more barakat. Excellent point.

Archived