SunTrust onsite renderings

it's just dave

Is the height of the crane on the SunTrust site indicative of the final height of the building? I was wondering that today when I drove by it. Or will it be pushed higher up as needed?

The Doorman and I were talking about this yesterday and think they will have to raise the crane some. The height of the building is going to be around 200 ft and if you look at the rendering on the corner of the street the first five floors are almost as tall as the top of the peek at the Ryman roof. It will be taller than the parking garage across the street too. I will have to look and see if there are hydraulic lifts on that bad boy or I will just go and ask. I've done it before.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job, Dave. Thanks.

OK, I'll weigh in with my unscientific attempt at guessing where it will top out. I just counted the floors of the surrounding buildings and allowed for a lobby-level height about the same as the Nashville Place.

I came up with almost as tall as the top of the fourth cluster of fenestrations of the Bell South building... and the top of the bottom row of "darts" sticking out of Nashville Place.

In the second photo, I'd guess that this building would completely block out the Cumberland... it would edge a little taller from that angle/distance.

They did not get the 5 floor tennant they wanted, so they are stuck at 13. The building should be topped out in December 2006. The underground garage will be completed in April and it will only take a floor a week from there.

The excavation engineer told me this week they will start digging the ramp out Tuesday and will be completed in about a week.

Footers have been poured and caissons are coming out of the ground now.

They did not get the 5 floor tennant they wanted, so they are stuck at 13. The building should be topped out in December 2006. The underground garage will be completed in April and it will only take a floor a week from there.

The excavation engineer told me this week they will start digging the ramp out Tuesday and will be completed in about a week.

Footers have been poured and caissons are coming out of the ground now.

Good stuff is happening there. Was down that way yesterday and noticed the caissons and footers in the hole. There is still a slim amount of hope that a tennant can be found for the 5 floors. In the phase that it's in now, it is still capable of being made taller than originally planned. There is a grace period in which modifications of this type can be made while construction continues or starts. Correct me if I am worng.

When they were starting excavation in the summer, a foremen told me that the foundation could accomodate a range of floors. The building could be more than 13, but William spoke with Hastings recently as did I and they said its definately 13.

My wife has a co-worker whose husband designed the building! He said 13 is it, but it is a tall 13. The first floor is 15 feet and the subsequent floors are 13 feet and then the cap about 15 feet.

I was downtown this morning and got a couple of shots of the new large signs at the ST site. They really show the glass and marble (or granite or whatever) components well. They also show the impact on the streetscapes and how well this building will fit in with its surroundings. It appears the setbacks are to not hinder the Commerce Street views.

I've thrown in a picture of the hole. This will show those from other places just how much rock Nashville sits on. It's solid limestone only a few feet underground.

STWestView.jpg

STSouthView.jpg

SThole122705.jpg

And, for fun, here's the site of the ICON in the Gulch. That 21-story tower will look really good right there.

ICONbelldown.jpg

i just happen to pass by that site yesterday(ICON) the whole is just about ready for

the foundation as well as the hamilton inn. By the way what does the hamilton inn look like. Has anybody seen a rendering?

i just happen to pass by that site yesterday(ICON) the whole is just about ready for

the foundation as well as the hamilton inn. By the way what does the hamilton inn look like. Has anybody seen a rendering?

Are you saying that excavation for the ICON foundation is already nearly complete? If that true, we'll be seeing a crane there shortly. I'm not familiar with the Hamilton Inn project. Can someone shed some light on that for me?

cw, first you need to find a host. You can search Image Hosts on Google and pick one. I use photobucket.com, but whatever works for you.

Once you sign up, if necessary, you will be given the option to browse for the photo you need hosted. Navigate to the photo(s) you want and submit them, then you'll be give several several tags (the location language for browsers to locate your photos). Use the one that starts with %7Boption%7D and ends with %7Boption%7D. Copy the "tag" and paste into your message space. The photo should appear in your post. You'll get the hang of it. We'll all try to help you if you have any trouble. Just read through the instructions of whatever site you choose.

cw, first you need to find a host. You can search Image Hosts on Google and pick one. I use photobucket.com, but whatever works for you.

Once you sign up, if necessary, you will be given the option to browse for the photo you need hosted. Navigate to the photo(s) you want and submit them, then you'll be give several several tags (the location language for browsers to locate your photos). Use the one that starts with and ends with [img]. Copy the "tag" and

Picture of SunTrust site w/ BS Tower in the background.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have any updated pictures of the Suntrust Bank project? Im just curious about the

progress. :huh:

Last Tuesday.

That is the foundation pad that you see there. I am sure it has been poured by now and is in the "set up" stage currently.

Picture9201a.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived