Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tombarnes

John Hancock Tower

13 posts in this topic

I wouldn't want to stay in the Hancock Tower out of fear of safety of a terrorist attack. Now knowing what we know, would you have stayed in the World Trade Center? 10 years ago, I probably would've stayed in it, but I wouldn't recommend it now.

It has a nice and viable location, however.

I wouldn't want to stay in the Hancock Tower out of fear of safety of a terrorist attack. Now knowing what we know, would you have stayed in the World Trade Center? 10 years ago, I probably would've stayed in it, but I wouldn't recommend it now.

It has a nice and viable location, however.

It is always kind of fun to take a risk! Which hotel might occupy this space if it were converted?

Life is too short to be worrying about a "potential" terrorist attack. We just moved from our condo on the 61st floor on the Hancock Tower to Des Moines, IA. We never really thought about it too much when we lived there. I think you'd have a bigger chance of one of the planes from the Chicago Air Show coming into your window than a 747.

I would definately love to stay in Hancock. That would be a great experience and the most amazing view.

I think Starwood has expressed interest in doing something in the building. When I hear of more, I'll be sure to post it here.

I could see that. It's already a nice multi-use building, I actually thought it already had a hotel...

The latest word is that the current owners are exploring possibilities of selling the building. Stay tuned.

Shorenstien Properties is selling the Hancock to Goldman Sachs. Crain's Chicago Business says Goldman is paying $385mm.

Shorenstien Properties is selling the Hancock to Goldman Sachs. Crain's Chicago Business says Goldman is paying $385mm.