15-story Tower Planned for East Riverfront.

Ramcharger

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was disappointed when i read the title of the thread thinking it was the GM development but this is completely seperate. This is good news for the city and for the plans to transform the riverfront. With GM's plans and a few more developments like this, it could really extend the Detroit skyline.

I was disappointed when i read the title of the thread thinking it was the GM development but this is completely seperate. This is good news for the city and for the plans to transform the riverfront. With GM's plans and a few more developments like this, it could really extend the Detroit skyline.

With that being said, I will bring back this old thread. HIGH RISES MY FRIEND! But I know, this is Detroit.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...opic=13520&st=0

I do love that this 15-story tower is proposed. I hope that this will spur development towards the Renaissance Center. Kind of like a staircase effect. The RenCen being the tallest obviously and then a gradual falling effect. Towards Belle Isle after the 15-story tower, there will be two 10-story tower about five 5-story then just normal brownstones, townhomes, and homes. That is my own proposal.

I have always thought of a massive skyline behind Belle Isle, looking from Windsor. That would remind me of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

This plan is one of seven that were submitted for this site. They have not yet selected which plan & development team will develop the site. In fact, all the article says is that they submitted their plans to the city. In other words, don't get too excited yet...there are still six other plans up for consideration.

This plan is one of seven that were submitted for this site. They have not yet selected which plan & development team will develop the site. In fact, all the article says is that they submitted their plans to the city. In other words, don't get too excited yet...there are still six other plans up for consideration.

So hopefully they will be better plans.

Archived