The Floridan

Florida

The Floridan

Color.jpg

The Building once Home to Ruby Diamond for over 50 years was known as Florida's Second Capitol. It was where all of the law makers would stay. It was torn down years ago, for reasons I've yet to figure out. But plans call for brining back a 90,000 sq.ft building to that corner which this one used to occupy as well as another hotel on the corner of Call and Monroe.

Here's the Exciting Article from the Tallahassee Democrat

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice work like always taurean, you brighten my day.

So, lets see here. Im excited about

1. This hyatt and floridian office

2. bp gas station highrise condo

3.high rise condo on other side of downtown

4. i keep forgetting them....

I'm trying to picture the other side of downtown... are you talking near Gaines Street somewhere?

LOL! Happy to know I brighten your day! :D I'm personally not impressed with the design of this Hotel. I'm not sure I'm hip on the low-rise hotel, nor am I crazy about the boxy design.

i mean the similar height proposed OFFICE highrise

That office Highrise on the corner of Monroe and College will definately be big news when plans are announced. I'm excited about that also.

I kinda like the Hyatt prototype building w/the glass. Good job TJ showing the surrounding area bldgs. One slight nitpick, it's not the John Paul Catholic Church, but the St. John's Epis. (sp??) church. Otherwise, fantastic work. I hope this project, Hyatt & Floridian, happen and that they happen quickly.

I rather like the look of the Hilton. I personally like buildings with lots of glass and this Hilton has enough to edge to be different enough which Tallahassee needs every once in a while :)

I am very excited about all of these proposals and look forward to seeing the changing face of Tally Downtown.

I agree, it looks very "urban."

fantastic news. I even digg the hotel. Totally think we are one neon light away from a hardrock sign on the skyline! Cant wait to sport the tallahassee hard rock shirt. I will wear it with my roca wear jeans and white bok's... lol. sigh.

so 90k... how many storiees you predicting for our tennessee corner!

90,000 Sq ft... that's roughly the Tennyson and it's 14... so I guess this one could range anywhere from 8-15 stories... I'd love a taller building here... I'll talk to Mr. Wright when I get back to work or I'll try to contact the developer and ask what their plans are for the Floridan office because it would be in the better interest of the Downtown (skyline) if this building is closer to 15 stories. Heck, I'd love 20.

Archived