The Floridan

Florida

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. I'd expect months of waiting as the permits are gathered, and site plans are finalized. I'm sure there will be alot more planning involved as these projects concern a busy city intersection.

Has the parking lot that presently occupies that block ever been used to its full capacity? Who is authorized to park there? And will the spaces in the new parking garage on the Star Metro side of the block have enough spaces to accomodate all of the new demand that the Floridan office building will generate?

How about the Hyatt Place? What are its parking plans, if any?

Growing up... I remember my mom working for Centel then Sprint when they merged. Back then the phone company was big in Tallahassee and there were tons of employees occupying the big plain box of a building that now only 17 people work in. In those days, just 10-15 years ago, the corner of Tennessee and Monroe was full of cars parked. I remember because we'd often walk from that corner to my mom's job.

Looking at the artist rendering that was posted in the paper, there appears to be adequate parking just behind the two new buildings.

Floridan.jpg

Looks like 4 levels, with the total capacity of 400 cars, which seems more than adequate for this project. There's a good chance they'll lease parking to people working at the United States Courthouse and surrounding businesses.

• 2 weeks later...

that really show how tall the floors will be compared to the hotel... 10 stories might be near as tall as the tenny in the end! thanks TJ, i am so bored at the station tonight! :good:

If you're bored let me entertain you with info on this building. I read thru the entire development proposal... ask me a question about it.

what color will it be

The FLoridian name signage will be lit right, will it have any signage on the west side

will space be rented or sold

by office or floor

any companies interested in relocating once the facilities are here?!

It will have a brickish color. Sorry the pictures aren't in color (the originals from which these copies were made were, but the office copier wasn't... sorry). There will be a polished marble on the lower level, transitioning into brick, and then stucco I assume.

The signage will wrap around the tower of the building... so in some way it will be seen from the west.

The space will be sold to associations, 100,000 sq.ft. of Class A Office suites.

There are indeed companies interested. A few local banks hope to occupy ground floor, as well as Starbucks, and another restaurant... I have the name of it, but I don't remember it off hand. I'll give it in the morning when I get home.

that project looks wonderful! that will be a very nice addition to our downtown... is the building right next to it the hotel? i can tell the third one down is the federal district court. that entire intersection willl be completely different with that on one corner and the proposed condon/tower where the BP now stands... wonder how long until something is planned for the Spur site, kind of a waste of a good piece of real estate IMHO.

Thanks for the pix TJ! I really like the renderings of this building and think it will make for a great "gateway" bldg. to our downtown. I very much like the signage. See I can like brick. :)

I really like the idea of Jason's Deli coming here. I've eaten at Jason's in Jax and Charlotte and enjoyed them. I'm a soup, salad and sandwich kinda guy, just not at ABC. Jason's will be a good place for the downtown lunch crowd. Not a huge Starbucks fan (they are the Wal-mart of coffee), I much prefer locally owned Cool Grindz, but still I'm glad to see more retail/eating options coming to my neighborhood. The more places I can walk, the better. I enjoy walking to the post office, bank, for coffee and to eat a meal...now if we could just get a grocery store, even a small market type of one, w/in walking distance to my house that would be fantastic. The Publix at Lake Ella is just a tad too far, although I have walked there before.

TJ, who did you kill to get the above elevations etc? you're the 007 of the Tallahassee Urban Planet forum. :shades: Well done.

That is going to make an awesome gateway! We may begin having the feel of a real 18 hr/day downtown sooner rather than later.

Now if I can just convince my other half that a dt condo would be the way to go... :P

Archived