Florida

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Floridan Tower and Hotel

Rendering Revealed!

FloridanOfficeBuilding.jpg

Do you think we could get some of the renderings back up? I really enjoy sharing Tallahassee developments with my family and friends, and it has been some time since we lost many of the great visual resources.

I'm confused! Which bldg. is this and at which corner????

:lol: Construction hasn't even begun yet & we're already confused by the name similarity....Ha!

Poonther, I think the rendering (when it was viewable) was an idea of what's being proposed for the NE corner to replace the old BP station, etc.

That rendering is for the vacant corner??? The lot that use to be the old hotel? Not the BP station right? Man this is confusing!!! I'll say it again and it won't be the last time. These "one letter different" names is confusing and dumb.

Yes this rendering is for the block that Yates Construction has their trailor parked on currently. Directly across the street from the Capital City Bank and the New US Courthouse. Monroe to the East, Tennessee on the North, Call on the South, CK Steele Plaza on the West.

• 3 weeks later...

sweet! uh isnt the tennyson gonna be done soon? so they can break ground on this in like 1 month?

It doesn't work quite like that. In a perfect world that would be the case, but there is tons of permitting to do. The design of the building needs to be finalized, financing for the project may still be in progress, contractors have to be given assignments, and so on...

It may be winter 06 or early 07 before we see any activity on this site for the Floridan Hotel/Office Complex.

Another major obsticle I see with this project is the financing of the fancy car garage that is being proposed to house the guest of this hotel and tenants of the office building, in addition to visitors to surrounding buildings.

Good spy job there TJ. This is the "misspelled" bldg. going up on the vacant lot right? :shades:

I hope that's a W Aloft hotel they are showing!

The Hotel shown in these renderings is the Original Hyatt Place Hotel, with its signture glass triangle poking out of the roof.

• 3 weeks later...

ITS OFFICIAL!!!! THIS WILL BE BUILT!!!! OFFICE AND HOTEL!!!!!!

At the City Commission meeting

Tallahassee city commissioners took the following action Wednesday:

Entered into a contract with the McKibbon Hotel Group for the construction of a hotel and office development at Monroe and Tennessee streets.

WOOT!!! WOOT~~ :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

This project goes for pre-app in 2 weeks.....finally!!! :)

PRE-APPLICATION/POST-APPLICATION CONFERENCE MEETING AGENDA

July 3, 2006

Floridan Downtown Hotel

(Pre-Application)

TPA060067 (21-36-40-137-3715)

The proposed project is the construction of a 165-room hotel, a 90,000 square foot condo office building and approximately 13,700 square feet of retail/restaurant space. The subject project is located on 1.444 acres at 102 East Call Street. The zoning is RO (Targeted Retail/Office Growth Area).

Archived