The Floridan

Florida

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Floridan Tower and Hotel

Rendering Revealed!

FloridanOfficeBuilding.jpg

It appears our newest Downtown Office building wearing the name Floridan will be 10 Stories Tall. Officially a highrise building. And I think it captures the corner very well. I was not aware that these renderings were in last Sunday's Tallahassee Democrat until my father told me. I rushed over to the nearest store to grab a copy before they were all gone. This was a great Christmas present for me, as its always a good sign when renderings appear this early in the game. More likely than not, these projects will move thru permitting sometime 1st quarter 2006 and we could be looking at construction sometime around summer or Fall. Great News for Tallahassee. She continues to impress me, and is shaping up to regain her place as the Pride of Florida.

:D

Seeing as how each of these projects will have a ground floor retail element, I'm excited about the new people that will be flocking into the downtown for some shopping. Think of all of the walking you've got to do to get from one retail shop to the next downtown currently. On top of there not being much to choose from, save a flower shop, card store, sandwitch shop, or one of the 3-4 bars downtown, you've got to walk for days between each to compare. I like the proximity of the projects, and I like the modern design, and I'm hopeful that the restaurants and shops chosen will be what we all want here in Tallahassee.

Archived