PROPOSED: Hotel Napoli

HotelNapoliRendering001.jpg

Hotel Napoli

Start: 2006

Completion: 2008

Project Description: Renovation of existing 10,000 sq. ft. building and construction of a 15,000 sq. ft. new addition for a new 70-room hotel with ground floor commercial and restaurant uses. Investment: $6 million

Developer: Conti Development, Ltd. LLC {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Providence, RI

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this that elderly apt building?

No across the street. There's a big white building on the right of Atwells just before going under the arch (it's had a big banner on it for years about soliciting proposals). That's the white part of this rendering, the brick section would be new. The rendeing is seen from as if you were standing next to the arch in Garibaldi Park looking towards Downcity.

here

The rendeing is seen from as if you were standing next to the arch in Garibaldi Park looking towards Downcity.

here

That would be a great use for that space. I wonder where their parking would be?

OT: Isn't the Microsoft local live nice? The isometric view is much more useful to illustrate such things than the other satellite views...

- Garris

• 2 months later...

The mayor mentioned this hotel project ("a new 70-room hotel on Federal Hill") in his State of the City address. I haven't seen anything in the paper or anywhere on this project.

Hospitality is my business, and I'm excited about all of these new hotel projects moving forward since I moved to Providence in 2004. This looks great in the renderings, but the mayor's speech was the first mention I heard of the project all year. Any news?

The white building there is 3 stories. I assume they will demo the small building in back.

Maybe someday I'll be able to walk to work! :thumbsup:

hmm, I like it.... I'm just confused on the "10,000sq ft existing building"... Is that 3-story Italianate really THAT big?

I don't know, but the white building has a little section that sticks out the back that would be engulfed by the brick tower in the above rendering, so it's a bit larger than the rendering leads you to believe.

...but that was two or more years ago. I thought this project was dead.

Yeah, I have this categorized mentally as a "I'll believe it when I see it" development...

- Garris

PS: Between the names "Belmonte Castillo" and "Hotel Napoli," I think I'm getting a little nauseus...

Archived