Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

PROPOSED: Parking Garage at Garrahy Courthouse

garrahycourthousegarage.jpg

Garrahy Garage

Start: TBD

Completion: TBD

Project Description: Construction of new parking garage that will contain an estimated 950-1,000 parking spaces.

Investment: $20 Million

Developer: State of Rhode Island

Wow thats a large garage. Pefect spot to when the rip out 95 behind it...should become the center of everything more or less. Why stop at 1,000 spots.... we can cure most of downtowns probelms and im sure they will make money back in no time.

I'll believe this one when I see it. The state has promised for years to build a garage there and somehow never gets around to it.

Wow thats a large garage. Pefect spot...

I agree. That's just the kind of garage in just the kind of place that I just recently posted that Providence should have... Convenient to both Downcity and the future 195 neighborhoods...

- Garris

I'll believe this one when I see it. The state has promised for years to build a garage there and somehow never gets around to it.

DITTO!!!!! But why stop there. Let's move BOTH the Traffic Tribunal Court & the RMV there. There's enough land to do all three. And we can re-name it Judical Plaza. Or payoff Plaza. :whistling:

garrahycourthousegarage.jpg

I think they should condense the parking into a taller structure with a smaller footprint (or configure something like the plans for Grant's Block) and put retail along the streets. Once the barrier of the 195 overpass is removed that spot could actually be pretty valuable.

I'm not sure if they are planning to cover that entire parcel, I just drew that line there, they may only be covering part of it. Actually, I don't think they know yet.

And we can re-name it Judical Plaza. Or payoff Plaza. :whistling:

Thanks Frankie! I laughed out loud at that one!

- Garris

Lost in the budget crisis shuffle?

Orrrr ... were you suggesting something else?

Edit: you are suggesting something. God I hate it when you do that. You're a tease, Cotuit, a hopeless tease. Do you know that?

The state could make some cash with this property. I wonder if JWU is interested in it as a potential student center site, with a parking facility attached - maybe an arrangement could be made to reserve some spots for court parking.

A building at the end of Pine is already has been and is in the process of being renovated into a student center for Johnson & Wales.

The state could make some cash with this property. I wonder if JWU is interested in it as a potential student center site, with a parking facility attached - maybe an arrangement could be made to reserve some spots for court parking.

Orrrr ... were you suggesting something else?

Edit: you are suggesting something. God I hate it when you do that. You're a tease, Cotuit, a hopeless tease. Do you know that?

Heh.

This is on the DMA's agenda for their meeting, so I guess I can talk about it (I was actually never asked not to talk about it).

The state is proposing to restart this project (with what money I'm not sure). It is hoped, that flooding the market with the spaces that this garage will produce, will impact the surface lot owners and they may be induced to sell their lots for development.

You sat on that comment for a month, and this is the best reparte you can manage? :P