Illegal immigration

MikesLogic

Illegal immigration  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should illegal immigrants be subject to serving time in prison? (for being here without papers)

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. The law proposed suggests they should lose all their possesions including vehicles, cash and savings do you support this idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of illegal immigration- Sen. Lindsey Graham voted to provide a path to citizenship for 11+ million undocumented immigrants, a guest worker program (400,000 people per year, with a path to citizenship for them as well) and increases in legal immigration. All of these new people will need malls and houses, so this is great news for urban development!

Wow Jerseyman, sorry for your bad experiences with the cops here. One of my co-workers who is from Charlotte (went to college in Columbia) drives to Salley often (which is near Aiken) and I only recall her being stopped once in Lexington County, for maybe going 10 over the speed limit at most. I can only recall getting stopped once in Columbia on I-77, and was let go with a warning. I'm guessing, as you are, it has to do with out-of-state drivers as opposed to in-state drivers. The small-town cops REALLY have nothing else to do, so they'll probably harass out-of-state drivers whenever they get the chance.

LOL! I was stopped 2 times in the Mcormick area...once for going less than 5mph over the speedlimit, Once in Bluffton for going about 10mph over the limit and several times in Aiken/North Augusta...once for going LESS than 5MPH but the cop didnt ticket me that time. He found a native american flute I had picked up in Oklahoma and asked me what it was...he thought it was a smoking device!! When i told him it was a Flute from Oklahoma he asked what i was doing there. I told him I had visited relatives there and he got excited because that is where he was from...lol. So needless to say I wasnt ticketed. Ive NEVER been ticketed in any other state...and ive lived in South Carolina the shortest amount of time of all the places ive lived...and have driven in many, many states.

Archived