Panthers and Hurricanes as NC or SC teams

TravisNC

Do you consider the Panthers & Hurricanes as NC, SC, or NC&SC teams?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Panthers & Hurricanes as NC, SC, or NC&SC teams?

• North Carolina
    • South Carolina
    • Both

When reading this story from a Philadelphia writer that trashes Charlotte, I noticed that he implied that the Carolina Panthers represented both NC and SC. I've always felt that the Panthers and Hurricanes were NC teams not SC. What do you think? I'm not trying to start a NC/SC war, I just want to find out your opinions.

Mods: If you think this belongs in City Discussions or Sports please feel free to move it.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to agree on that one. I do see the hurricanes as a North Carolina team. Actually, I pretty much see them as a Raliegh team. As a Charlottean I don't really consider the Hurricanes "my" team. The Panthers are different because they are in Charlotte and a good portion of Charlotte's metro lies within South Carolina. I think that Charlotte itself is more of a "Carolina" city with the huge influence of South Carolinians that work, entertain, and shop in the city. Some Charlotte businesses even fly both NC and SC state flags.

Archived