Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

upstate29650

Who should be expelled from the South?

Who should be eliminated from the South?   206 members have voted

1. 1. Who's outta here?

• Florida
    • Alabama
    • Mississippi
    • Louisiana
    • Arkansas
    • Tennessee
    • Kentucky
    • West Virginia
    • Virginia
    • North Carolina
    • South Carolina
    • Georgia
    • Texas

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

118 posts in this topic

Let's have some fun. Vote for the state you'd loike to see eliminated from the South, and give your reasons why.

None of them. If I am correct, these are the 13 original colonies. They all have their importance. Keep them all. This is going to start a fight I bet.

None of them. If I am correct, these are the 13 original colonies. They all have their importance. Keep them all. This is going to start a fight I bet.

These aren't the original 13 colonies.

The original 13 colonies were the states of: Virginia, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Deleware, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.

Let's have some fun. Vote for the state you'd loike to see eliminated from the South, and give your reasons why.

I don't see any point to this, but I voted for West Virginia since they, well, already decided to take themselves out of the South.

Why are we doing this?? We don't need to alienate any southern state here....each one is important!!

I don't see any point to this, but I voted for West Virginia since they, well, already decided to take themselves out of the South.

True, good point. :D

I doubt that anything good will come of this. It will most likely just become a bashfest towards certain southern states.

The original 13 colonies were the states of: Virginia, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Deleware, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.

I didn't think he was correct either... :rolleyes:

Thats why I said "if I am correct" I knew I probably wasn't. My American history isn't that great, but my history before the takeover is. :thumbsup:

Lol. I thought he was joking because he was so off.

^lol so was I! I voted WV just because I'm not sure they want to be considered the South. I was doing them a favor. And I really want to know who voted Mississippi. Be serious. It doesn't get any Southern than that.

Florida- but this would only apply to the southern half of Florida. The central and northern parts of Florida still retain much of their Southern culture. Fort Lauderdale and Miami sometimes seem more like the Northeast than part of the South.

I don't think this topic and poll was started to state who was the least 'southern'. I guess for some reason someone has something against the state of Mississippi, no matter how southern they may be.

Everyone loves to hate Mississippi. I am hoping this mindset will change eventually.

Sh​it, they can have West Virginia if they want it...

The 13 original colonies were: New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia

Texas is usually considered a Southwestern state so I voted for them.

I thought about Kentucky, because geographically they seem very detached from the rest of the South. However, I voted for WV for the same reasons as others here. The state seems to be Southern, yet the state doesn't seem to want to be a Southern state! :wacko:

How do one expell a state from the South when it is geographically located in the south. The only states that can be expelled are those at the border of the south like Maryland, DC to the northeast.

Umm...this thread was done in fun & maybe spurn some debate.

Stop taking things so seriously! :rolleyes:

All of us! It's succession time again! Just kidding. :D

I thought about Kentucky, because geographically they seem very detached from the rest of the South. However, I voted for WV for the same reasons as others here. The state seems to be Southern, yet the state doesn't seem to want to be a Southern state! :wacko:

How is KY geograpically removed from the South in your view? I've always felt geograpically the Ohio River and Appalachian Mountians almost hemmed the state into the South, and from living and traveling acrossed it, KY has always has seemed to me due to its internal geographical features and cultures to be a very southern state on the whole.

I had a hard time deciding between W VA and FL.

West Va for all of the same reasons everyone else said.

Florida because its about to be annexed by New Jersey :lol:

Some interesting (and perplexing) votes here. As of now, we have 2 votes for MS & VA (The Capital of the Confederacy isn't Southern??!!), 4 for NC & even 1 for SC.

Those who cast these votes, I'd love to hear your reasoning.