Encore Condos

GoldRiver

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all welcome to the forum GoldRiver. Its always great to see new members here. We will enjoy hearing from you often. Also , Where are you living now?

As far as The Encore, Tony is still planning to get it out of the ground in 2006. I know the site may have to go through a height variance approval. I also think they will time it according to how the Signature is selling. The Encore is suppose to be aimed at a different market. Some of the guys can add a lot more insight and facts than myself, I am sure.

First of all welcome to the forum GoldRiver. Its always great to see new members here. We will enjoy hearing from you often. Also , Where are you living now?

As far as The Encore, Tony is still planning to get it out of the ground in 2006. I know the site may have to go through a height variance approval. I also think they will time it according to how the Signature is selling. The Encore is suppose to be aimed at a different market. Some of the guys can add a lot more insight and facts than myself, I am sure.

I live in Cookeville right now; It's growing like crazy. It reminds me of Rivergate when I lived there. New buildings and businesses are popping up overnight. Tennessee as a whole is growing very fast. Heck, the whole south is growing fast.

woo hoo! Another Cookeville person - LOL. (I lived there myself for a while) welcome.

As for the spread out development - at least it isn't a huge 2-floor campus on the outskirts somewhere.

Now back to Cookeville. I'd really like to see some urban development there. As soon as I make my millions I'm heading back up there to put my stamp on the city.

Has anyone seen the sign on that lot on S. Lowe Ave close to the square? It has a picture of what looks like a 4 or 5 story office building that is going to be built, but it's been there for at least a year and nothing has happened. Maybe they can't find the tennants to justify building it. Cookeville needs some height downtown. The First Tennessee building would look good closer to the square, but it's ok where it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum city watcher.

West End Summit is now dead according to William Williams of the City Paper. He talked to the PR person with Palmer and they said that now tenant could be found as an anchor.

As far as the rendering of the ICON, either go to the home page of urban planet and click on development maps and then Nashville or look to the construction page thread on page 5 or 6 of this forum. I will try and find a rendering and post it for you.

There is also a rendering under icon now 21 stories.

Welcome to the forum city watcher.

West End Summit is now dead according to William Williams of the City Paper. He talked to the PR person with Palmer and they said that now tenant could be found as an anchor.

By the way, what happen to the thread about West End Summit. It was on here yesterday and today it is gone?

If there is a phase 2, it will be market driven. The original rendering on the site had two towers. Tony still has to aquire the other lot. It appears as if it is a two tower design, however; if it is only one tower I personally would like to see one 30+ stories.

My main issue, and it is a bit conservative; but I would rather see towers 15 stories and over along Church Street or Commerce Street. We don't want to lose the view from Rolling Mill Hill, or any views from the Vanderbilt area.

Knowing Tony, I think he will build a phase two at some point. If he does Signature Tower at 500 units plus Viridian at 305 units, that is 805 units plus 300 in Encore so that is 1105 units all in three to four years! That is a lot of downtown units to sell.

We discussed yesterday for the ones that were not there that Tony has to have 400 units pre-sold to move ahead with both the Signature and the Encore. 250 for Signature and 150 for Encore. That is generally the rule to get the financing, 50%. I think it is doable, maybe not quite as soon as we want.

Archived