Encore Condos

GoldRiver

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that height on the Viridian based on the ground in the back of the building (toward Commerce and slightly lower than Church) or the front?

Not exactly sure Brain. I've heard both, however, I think it would be the front. Hankster and I were wondering the same thing at the forum meet.

Thanks Duke! Very much appreciated. Btw, can you confirm an official height for Viridian? I think before you had said 393' 10" or something close to that for the roof. I could easily be wrong on that. Do you have an official to the top of the spires? Thanks again.

If my memory serves me correctly, he has already done that and reported the height to be 403 Ft 10 in the the top of the spire. Duke, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If my memory serves me correctly, he has already done that and reported the height to be 403 Ft 10 in the the top of the spire. Duke, please correct me if I'm wrong.

That was correct for the Viridian (403'-10"). Viridian was a little different because they used the alley garage entrance as 0'-0". Most of the time, the first floor entrance of the building is the 0'-0" starting point. The Church Street entrance is actually at +7'-6".

The height for the Encore (265'-6 1/2") is based on a 0'-0" elevation at the building entrance on Demonbreun Street. The rear of the building (Molloy Street) is a few feet lower than the front but is not counted toward the official height.

That was correct for the Viridian (403'-10"). Viridian was a little different because they used the alley garage entrance as 0'-0". Most of the time, the first floor entrance of the building is the 0'-0" starting point. The Church Street entrance is actually at +7'-6".

The height for the Encore (265'-6 1/2") is based on a 0'-0" elevation at the building entrance on Demonbreun Street. The rear of the building (Molloy Street) is a few feet lower than the front but is not counted toward the official height.

Thanks so much for the info. Is the Viridian height to the top of the spires? If that's correct, what is the building height to the top of the roof?

I need to correct myself. The height to the top of the spires on Viridian is 403'-9".

Here's a short rundown of some of the floor elevations.

Penthouse : 327'-1"

Penthouse Mezzanine : 339'-1" (2nd floor loft of the Penthouse)

Amenity : 351'-1" (Clubhouse & pool deck)

Roof : 364'-1"

Screen Wall Roof : 381'-8"

Top of Spire : 403'-9"

I need to correct myself. The height to the top of the spires on Viridian is 403'-9".

Someone needs to get this information over to Emporis, since they are the official clearinghouse for building heights, as least as far as the World Almanac is concerned.

It will be nice to show another 400 footer on Nashville's list, especially since the Almanac only lists buildings higher than 400 ft. That would give us six total.

Now if we just can get West End Summit and the Signature underway.

Here's a short rundown of some of the floor elevations.

Penthouse : 327'-1"

Penthouse Mezzanine : 339'-1" (2nd floor loft of the Penthouse)

Amenity : 351'-1" (Clubhouse & pool deck)

Roof : 364'-1"

Screen Wall Roof : 381'-8"

Top of Spire : 403'-9"

Based on this information, I'd have to say that L&C's current listing of 409 Ft is pretty darn close to being correct. Unfortunately, I think this means that the height of Nashville City Center (402 Ft), and Financial Center (490 Ft) is probably overstated by 30 or 40 ft.

You're right, I don't think the drawings are going to do it justice. The renderings in the contract drawings are very close to what the general public has seen. I think it will be fine once it starts going up.

In contrast, I'm not too fond of the Viridian anymore. Too close in scale and proximity to the L&C. It looks now just like a wierd addition to an old building. It should have been either 10 stories taller or shorter.

In contrast, I'm not too fond of the Viridian anymore. Too close in scale and proximity to the L&C. It looks now just like a wierd addition to an old building. It should have been either 10 stories taller or shorter.

Careful Duke, I said the same thing about a month ago and was quickly corrected as good architecture has nothing to do with height. :D

However, I do agree with you.

I don't think we've even seen a good final rendering yet. Everything we've seen quite preliminary. To me, even if it's built as shown, it looks fine to me. The renderings just look a little hurried AutoCaddish to me.

It's very unusual for a finished building to outperform it's rendering. There are too many easy artistic tricks available to give an appearance of quality when only cheap materials and form are to be used.

In most cases I'd agree, but this Encore rendering is pretty light weight by anyone's standards. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic, but I think I could copy this with a shoe box and roll of aluminum foil. Guess we'll wait and see. I rarely want anyone to be wrong, but this time, I hope it's you. No offense intended. lol.

Shouldn't be too long, the workers on the site looked pretty busy this afternoon.

In most cases I'd agree, but this Encore rendering is pretty light weight by anyone's standards. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic, but I think I could copy this with a shoe box and roll of aluminum foil. Guess we'll wait and see. I rarely want anyone to be wrong, but this time, I hope it's you. No offense intended. lol.

None taken; I hope you're right.

Shouldn't be too long, the workers on the site looked pretty busy this afternoon.

True, no detailed renderings have been released. I'll reserve any judgment until they are. I believe the most detailed rendering I've seen was in the downtown home tour guidebook. It showed rounded corners, which weren't there in previous drawings.

The only building that I have seen of Giarratana's is the Cumberland. I wasn't blown away by it. Hopefully, he's added some style to his new ones.

The Cumberland is definitely not a work of art, but successful nonetheless. Encore looks like basic Novare to me. I expect that Tony G. may not have a huge say in the Encore design. Of course, the Viridian is a Giarratana / Novare project as well. Tony said that he based the Viridian design on an Atlanta project (I can't remember which one) at the February forum meet, so he did have some input on the Viridan design. Still the Viridian looks like many Novare projects as well. The Signature Tower, on the other hand, has the potential to change a lot of people's mind on the Giarratana's architectural design. From what I've seen so far, Tony is about to strike one "out of the park" on that project.

Archived