Encore Condos

GoldRiver

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems the work at the West End Summit site is ulitility in nature. They've got West End interrupted and workers were onsite last night. No need to move stuff around unless SOMETHING is about to happen. Is there?

My thoughts too. There are a lot of orange barrels over there and a lot of holes being dug.

• 1 month later...

This project is scheduled (on paper) to be topped out July 2007. I was out at the jobsite yesterday and you can't believe how small the site is, only a half city block. If anyone remembers, this was originally to be a full city block wide and twin towers.

This project is scheduled (on paper) to be topped out July 2007. I was out at the jobsite yesterday and you can't believe how small the site is, only a half city block. If anyone remembers, this was originally to be a full city block wide and twin towers.

Tony, still has plans for another development on the next block behind Labor Ready. To my understanding it will be a smaller development rather than a twin to the first tower unless Labor Ready will sale their property.

Tony, still has plans for another development on the next block behind Labor Ready. To my understanding it will be a smaller development rather than a twin to the first tower unless Labor Ready will sale their property.

I biked by the site yesterday. I was thinking Labor Ready could get so annoyed with the construction, maybe they'll move. Would seem odd to build Encore phase II around that little building, which anchors what will become a very prominent corner.

I biked by the site yesterday. I was thinking Labor Ready could get so annoyed with the construction, maybe they'll move. Would seem odd to build Encore phase II around that little building, which anchors what will become a very prominent corner.

It's my understanding another developer, Chuck Ritzen owns that property not Labor Ready. He was an unwilling seller at the price the Novare group was willing to pay and reportedly has future plans of his own for that corner.

It's my understanding another developer, Chuck Ritzen owns that property not Labor Ready. He was an unwilling seller at the price the Novare group was willing to pay and reportedly has future plans of his own for that corner.

Will be interesting to see what he can feasibly do on that tiny lot, especially with Encore I and II looming over it. I imagine Novare would prefer to have the entire half-block for Encore II.

• 2 weeks later...

The heighth of the crane right now...is that how tall the Encore will be? Or does the crane increase in heighth as the building bounds upwards? Just wondering, cause I can't imagine a 1000 foot tall crane for Siggy...how do they do it with such a tall 'scraper?

When I was in Chicago and saw some of the construction on the tall towers there I noticed on some of their towers had the crane attached to the top level of the building even if there's more floors to add. And most of those towers had two cranes.

I've always wondered how those cranes move up along with the building if their attached to the top floor their working on. You would think they would be in the way.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say that I am not too crazy about the Encore. Just saw the new rendering and I think in about 10 years it will look really dated. While it DOES take ALOT of cues from the Icon.. the Icon is a beautiful building... with lots of attention to detail and a great color (at least in the renderings).... the Encore is so so, unfortunately.

What's the parking situation at Encore? Since it doesn't appear that they're digging a big hole, I assume that it will be similar to Viridian - parking deck for first several floors wrapped in glass.

2/3 of levels 2-6 will be parking. The other third of levels 2-6 will have "affordable housing" facing 3rd ave. I laugh every time I look at the contract drawings....."affordable housing".

I have to say that I am not too crazy about the Encore. Just saw the new rendering and I think in about 10 years it will look really dated. While it DOES take ALOT of cues from the Icon.. the Icon is a beautiful building... with lots of attention to detail and a great color (at least in the renderings).... the Encore is so so, unfortunately.

If you want to get a vague idea of what Encore is going to look like once topped out, look no further than Skypoint in Tampa. Another Novare cookie cutter design.

Skypoint construction cam

I don't think Jim Borders is taking any cues from Bristol Group. Encore is just another slightly altered version of what he's done all over the southeast for 3-4 years. As to ICON, I will be pleased (and surprised) if all the red brick shown up and down the building on the model and rendering doesn't turn into red stucco when all said and done. Bristol has a history of underperforming their renderings in a big way; see Bristol on Broadway.

Archived