New development to sprout 2 million dollar homes

smeagolsfree

This was in the paper yesterday. These homes are to be built close to Radner park. The prices of some of the homes in Nashville never ceases to amaze me. I guess the prices of some of these homes go to show there is a market for million dollar condos here as well. I know I will never live in one of them. Can the economy or the market here continue to support this type of development. I just cant imagine having that much money I suppose.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...4/1044/BUSINESS

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean, Ron. I'm always amazed that I can drive through southwest Davidson, through Brentwood and into Franklin, and in 15 miles, not pass anything for less than half-million it seems, and most much more. Oh well, too much dusting for my tastes, anyway. I've only got a car and a truck and no boat, so what would I do with the other 3 garage spaces anyway. And I'd find the cat in a house that big.

I guess people will continue to build their multi-million dollar palaces...at least with these, Davidson County gets the taxes.

What really get's me is the fact tha many of these houses are going to be 3,000+ square feet and sit on 1/5 acre of land! If I'm buying a house that big, I would need AT LEAST a half acre! That's one of the things I really don't like in my home city of La Vergne. The planning Omission continues to allow all these houses to crunch in together. And then there are only 2 roads to get out of the subdivision, and they both dump out on Murfreesboro road! Definitely need some re-working there!

For 2 million each I would think they are going to be more than 3000 sq ft. The developer is giving 14 acres to the nature preserve and that leaves 30 acres for development. He is expecting at least 11 homes to go in there, so I think they will have a larger lot than a 1/5 of an acre. I do however see your point that there are a lot of the subdivisions in the Nashville area that just build 6 for 8 feet apart. I think Bentwood's standards are a minimum of 4000 sq ft and a lot no smaller that 1 acre. I have a friend that use to work there as a codes enforcer and I think that is what he said. Maybe some of the other Cities in the area can impose more strict standards. A lot more needs to be done about the size of the minimum size of lots in the greater Nashville area.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote: houses are going to be 3,000+ square feet and sit on 1/5 acre of land!

I'm a new member, I think. I think that I was a member here in about 2002 or 2003 and the site re-structured and I never rejoined, might have been a different site but I think it was this one. Anyways, they would have to be bigger homes then that sitting on more territory, because my home 3,300'sq sitting on 2 acres with a value of $200,000. I know there is a cost difference between Nashville and Lawrenceburg, Tn, but not that much of a difference.

There is a new Davidson/Williamson subdivision being built at the T intersection of Cloverland Drive and Church Street East. It will connect through to Old Smryna Road making a new way to get there from Davidson County.

The subdivision will have homes that average $750,000 (about 75 of them if I remember correctly). Only 11 properties will be in Davidson County, but every one of them will be $1 million+ homes.

Archived