How is St Pete viewed?

bsutter2

I would not say that St. Pete is miles ahead at all....I think that both cities are having a great renaissance in their new buildings, I would put them about equal in new development; however, Tampa has an advantage of commercial towers right now, but then St. Pete has a bit of a residential advantage right now. There are great architectual projects going up in Tampa as well. Just look at Skypoint 1, Down Town Channelside (or whatever the name is right now) and Blue. All of those projects are going to be unique buildings that will add a lot to the skyline. Not to mention that Skypoint 2 has been approved and there is talk of a Skypoint 3 in the works - all with great architecture. The key in both of these cities is which projects will actually go forward. I know that the ones in Tampa that I mentioned are, and several of the ones in St. pete that have been mentioned will go up as they are in construction now. However, all condo focused projects are in danger on both sides of the bay if they have not secured their financing by now or are not backed by a major group.

Steve

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not say that St. Pete is miles ahead at all....I think that both cities are having a great renaissance in their new buildings, I would put them about equal in new development; however, Tampa has an advantage of commercial towers right now, but then St. Pete has a bit of a residential advantage right now. There are great architectual projects going up in Tampa as well. Just look at Skypoint 1, Down Town Channelside (or whatever the name is right now) and Blue. All of those projects are going to be unique buildings that will add a lot to the skyline. Not to mention that Skypoint 2 has been approved and there is talk of a Skypoint 3 in the works - all with great architecture. The key in both of these cities is which projects will actually go forward. I know that the ones in Tampa that I mentioned are, and several of the ones in St. pete that have been mentioned will go up as they are in construction now. However, all condo focused projects are in danger on both sides of the bay if they have not secured their financing by now or are not backed by a major group.

Steve

I said miles ahead in quality of architecture. Tampa's got stuff going on, to be sure, but none of the high-rises going up are anything more than bland, and Trump Tower (if it goes up) is just dog-ugly.

Please understand that I'm a Tampa booster, so I speak out of disappointment more than anything else.

I said miles ahead in quality of architecture. Tampa's got stuff going on, to be sure, but none of the high-rises going up are anything more than bland, and Trump Tower (if it goes up) is just dog-ugly.

Please understand that I'm a Tampa booster, so I speak out of disappointment more than anything else.

I am for both cities haveing great architecture...but have you seen the renderings for the towers or the Skypoints? They are really something different for the city. While Tampa is not going to a traditional look, they are going rather modern.

Skypoint:

skypoint6kl.jpg

Towers of Channelside:

towers_at_channelside.jpg

The Place at Channelside II:

PlacePhaseII.jpg

Skypoint and the Towers will be completed in not too long, the place probobly will be completed as well. There are more that have interesting architecture, but who knows if they will be built or not. I am not saying that Tampa is better than St. Pete, not at all, all I am saying is that both cities have some really exciting projects in the works.

Steve

Archived