Southeast Louisiana Development Thread

NCB

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bad nightshot of some three story town houses going up in downtown Covington. These townhouses are becoming extremely popular in downtown Covington, and there are many going up that are in the five or six story range.

IMG_0782.jpg

^Yep. I went through Covington last night and took some pictures. Alot of them came out somewhat nice, but since I didn't have a tripod many of them came out to dark.

I was testing the flash on the picture above, I had it on medium exposure.

^Yep. I went through Covington last night and took some pictures. Alot of them came out somewhat nice, but since I didn't have a tripod many of them came out to dark.

I was testing the flash on the picture above, I had it on medium exposure.

I've never used the flash on mine. Course I almosat never used it on my old digital camera either. Guess I'm just not a flash man. :D

^No problem, Rod.

Here is a bad shot of the parking lot on Poydras St. that the Trump Tower New Orleans will be built on.

IMG_1115.jpg

The condo conversion in Covington....was that building once a hote, or was it a bank or other commercial building?

What development are you refering to, Tom?

3rd High-Rise Tower planned for 2006 in Downtown Baton Rouge !

At 19-stories Laurel Tower/Regions Financial Centre will top-out at nearly 240 feet.It will briefly be Baton Rouge's fifth tallest bldg.if it begins construction before the River Place Condo's and City Plaza II ?

Commercial Properties Development Corp. hopes to break-ground by the Summer of 06'.

In a few years,with all of these projects complete; I would like to take a picture of Downtown BR's SKYLINE !

There was a rendering of the proposed new tower in yesterday's(Wed.) Business section of The Advocate newspaper(but not on website). Another rendering in Jan 17th BR Business Report .Look on it's website,under Real Estate Weekly;you will see it. Thanks Also, Fla.Tiger has the rendering posted on Skyscraperpage.com

^I live in Saint Tammany Parish, in the city of Covington. The pre-Katrina population of Covington was around 9000, and some population projections have Covington with a population upwards of 40,000-50,000 people by 2010! :w00t: Though the traffic hear is absolutel horrible, and this can be said for the entire Parish, which has around 300,000 people in it right now.

I agree with the airport idea. A major airport in Tangipahoa Parish, maybe near Hammond, or something like that would be great for both Greater New Orleans and Greater Baton Rouge.

Hey NCB, I have family who live in the Amite/Independence area and I was wondering how much has that areas population increased.

Hey NCB, I have family who live in the Amite/Independence area and I was wondering how much has that areas population increased.

Really? I head over to Independence every year for the Italian Festival, I'm not Italian, but I just love the Festival itself. :lol:

But anyway, I don't know the specific population increases for Amite of Independence because I am not as familiar with Tangipahoa Parish as I am with Saint Tammany, but I can tell you that Tangipahoa Parish has gained nearly 50,000 residents since Katrina, and the parish is expected to retain nearly 40,000 of these new residents permanently. Though I can't give you exact numbers, I can guarantee you that both Independence and Amite have grown since Katrina, probably much faster than the cities have grown for quite some time. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

PRODUCERS PLAN MEGA-STUDIO

The proposed $ 250 mil. "Louisiana Cinema City Studios" would be between BR and NOLA. 150 acres near Robert LA is under contract and negotiating an adjacent 100 acre tract.

8-sound stages; 4 broadcasting studios;restaurants;retail shops;multiplex theatre;golf course and 5-star hotel.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business

^This is fantastic news!

The mega-studio would be just east of Robert, close to where I live in Covington,LA. If built as planned, we will see an amazing amount of movies produced and filmed in SE Louisiana in the near future! :D

That's impressive stuff in Covington. I wonder what the total population is in the Mandeville/Covington area combined ?

They now have what they call "micro-politan" area's. The USA Today had a good article on that almost a year ago. Western St.Tammany area should qualify !

Archived