Southeast Louisiana Development Thread

NCB

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perkins Rowe Town Center

Here is a fantastic looking new development currently under construction in suburban Baton Rouge.

The Perkins Rowe Town Center will include residential buildings, office towers, street level retail, and a medical center.

I really like the looks of this project.

Vermilion Building

residences-vermilion.jpg

TownCenter Hotel

towncenter-hotel.jpg

TownCenter

towncenter-shopping.jpg

Project Images

perkins-rowe.jpg

TOWN-SQUARE.jpg

Project Website

http://www.ddg-usa.com/Projects/TC_Perkins_Rowe/Project.html

I was totally blown away by the Perkins Rowe drawings. This development looks like something you'd see in Dallas or Atlanta... or even Tulsa... but not Baton Rouge. Kudos to the developer for having the vision to do something like this in that city. I think it's an awesome-looking development. Is it open yet or still under construction?

Perkins Rowe is finally getting underway ; Sometimes I wonder with everything going on around this "mad-house" of development , if there are enough construction workers to go around this city ? With everything thats going on with NOLA and the Miss.Gulf Coast I' not too sure ?

Perkins Rowe is going to be BR's 1st Urban Village ! With a real street grid too ! The 6-story Neuro-Medical Center has been there for a year now; now the rest of it is finally going "full-gear" ! The 8 1/2-story Vermillion Condo is on HOLD now; bec. the city-parish agreed to build a new Road(near the condo's) to connect the project with the major I-10 construction for the new Picardy overpass that will become Mall of La. new main enterance as well.This was great news !!! They are waiting to find-out where ,exactly the road will connect on the eastern fringe of Perkins Rowe ! This will also help the major traffic problem on Bluebonnet Blvd .

Also not shown on the model , Wells Fargo will consolidate and build a 3 or 4 story office/addition on top of the parking garage behind the new cinema.

Up the road on Bluebonnet , Wampold Co. recently announced a 4-star/full service hotel on the old/unfinished 12-story dormitory skeleton on the Swaggart property ; they still have not said if the 12-story concrete bldg. will be razed or not ???

Perkins Rowe's initial plan is to build a total of four condo towers in phases ,1 per-year, beginning with the 8 1/2-story Vermillion . Followed by two 10-story condo's and a 12-story condo .

That's hugely amitious. I suppose they're being smart, though, in building them in phases. But if all works out, it seems even the Perkins Road area will have a bit of a skyline itself.

• 4 weeks later...

NEW LA. HWY. 1 EVACUATION ROUTE UPGRADE

18 miles of elevated 4-lane hwy. btwn. Golden Meadow to Port Fourchon

http://www.la1coalition.org/maps.html

scroll-down to see interesting pics.

Phase I began Friday

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/suburban/2522331.html

Awesome! This is a very much-needed project... kudos to Louisiana for deciding to get the job done rather than half-ass it like they usually do. I think Katrina and Rita finally got this state kicked into gear.

• 2 weeks later...

HAMMOND'S SURGING POPULATION

http://2theadvocate.com/news/2610236.html

Thanks for the article, Richy!

I know exactly what Hammond is having to deal with, as Covington has more than doubled its pre-Katrina population to over 20,000. There's alot of strain on the service departments, roads, hospitals, schools, etc., but it's something that the entire northshore of Lake Ponchartain, including Hammond and Tangipahoa Parish, is dealing with.

Wow Nate, you weren't kidding when you said Covington was booming. It's bursting at the seams. I know there is room to grow, and the nearby woodlands will be shrinking.

How familiar are you with the Bedico Creek area ? I see where a large spread-out golfing community is supposed to be developed called Bedico ?? can't remember exactly. I hope they leave that area a watershed/nature preserve that will go undeveloped.

How familiar are you with the Bedico Creek area ? I see where a large spread-out golfing community is supposed to be developed called Bedico ?? can't remember exactly. I hope they leave that area a watershed/nature preserve that will go undeveloped.

Not very familiar, but do you have any more info on that golfing community? :D

Archived