Southeast Louisiana Development Thread

NCB

No doubt the Northshore is booming with activity, esp. Western St.Tammany. A Micropolitan Area inside the NO Metro Area. Wonder what the population is for around/between Covington, Mandeville, Madisonville, Abita Springs??

I like all the aerials. I like the neighborhood with no fences in their backyards that are instead tree-lined in between.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what the population is for around/between Covington, Mandeville, Madisonville, Abita Springs??

I couldn't even begin to estimate the populations of the individual cities post-Katrina, but I wouldn't at all be suprised if West Saint Tammany was home to upwards of 200,000 residents. This place is just packed right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Tangipahoa sees post-Katrina boom

Growth not expected to slow for several years;

2,000 new jobs since then, it central location between Baton Rouge and New Orleans makes it a prime target for jobs.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/suburban/4455671.html

St.Mary parish is another place doing very well because of it's petrochemical industry.

Girders on the new Juban Road interchange on I-12 in Denham Springs will not have to be replaced. It was discovered that they were inundated with salt water during Katrina and officials had to test to see if they needed to be ripped out and replaced.

After tests found the girders are structually sound, according to today's Advocate, the overpass can open as soon as January and will add a second interchange for Denham Springs.

Currently Denham Springs, with an area population of 65,000, has to use ONE exit off the freeway.

has to use ONE exit off the freeway.

Also I-12's exit ramps will be extended making an extra-lane from Range Ave. to 4-H Club Rd. Bass Pro and the dangerous long traffic lines that extend to the 4 H overpass and people slam on their brakes.

Juban Road interchange is badly needed, watch the development explode the next couple of years.

Juban Road interchange is badly needed, watch the development explode the next couple of years.

(which just makes me wonder how long it'll be after Juban opens before Range/I-12 again looks the way it does now -_- )

I've always maintained that the state needs to build a four-lane bypass of Hwy. 16 that would run from Watson to Pt. Vincent and cross 12 between Range and Juban. That would help things a lot. Temporarily. :P

Colonial Pinnacle at Nor Du Lac Lifestyle Center

Official Development Plans

• Over 1,000,000 million square feet of retail space located in Covington, LA

untitledhn7.png

nordulacft3.png

Over 1,000,000 square feet? Awesome. I'd love to see the development plans, but that link froze Firefox up so I wasn't able to. They must be having server problems right now... I'll try again later.

It's working now. I'm impressed already at Page 1... that Dillard's is awesome!

And I see this is being built by Colonial Properties Trust. I really like them, and I hate that Bossier City screwed them over a few years ago. :( They'll probably never build anything here now.

Okay, I'm at page 7 now... that IS an impressive tenant lineup.

Williams-Sonoma, Select Comfort, Bonefish, Pei Wei, Panera Bread, etc. Very nice!

By the way I just FINALLY downloaded Firefox 2.0 and I hate this damned spell checker. It reminds me of Microsoft Word and I hate the red dotted line under words.

By the way I just FINALLY downloaded Firefox 2.0 and I hate this damned spell checker. It reminds me of Microsoft Word and I hate the red dotted line under words.

:lol:

What now? I've had Firefox 2.0 for about a week now, and I have no idea what you're talking about. Red dotted line?

:lol:

What now? I've had Firefox 2.0 for about a week now, and I have no idea what you're talking about. Red dotted line?

Yeah, under words that appear to Firefox to be misspelled, it's showing a red dotted line. lol has it under it, NCB has it under it, and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious has it under it as well! It's messed UP, man!

Yeah, under words that appear to Firefox to be misspelled, it's showing a red dotted line. lol has it under it, NCB has it under it, and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious has it under it as well! It's messed UP, man!

Wow, there is absolutely nothing like that on my Firefox. Maybe we have different versions or features or something, because I don't have a spell check on mine, and from what you've said, I'm glad! I love everything about Firefox 2.0, it's fantastic!

Wow, there is absolutely nothing like that on my Firefox. Maybe we have different versions or features or something, because I don't have a spell check on mine, and from what you've said, I'm glad! I love everything about Firefox 2.0, it's fantastic!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm <--- underlined in red, BTW!!!!!!!!

I don't know... maybe it's something I can disable. It's EFFED up. EFFED is underlined in red, too, BTW. This sucks.

Maybe this will help:

1. Click "Tools" on your browser

2. Click "Options" in the pop-up menu

3. Click the "Advanced" tab in the options menu

4. Disable the "Check my spelling as I type" feature

Yep, that worked! I figured it had to be there somewhere... thanks for the help, man. Weird that mine was set by default and yours wasn't.

Yep, that worked! I figured it had to be there somewhere... thanks for the help, man. Weird that mine was set by default and yours wasn't.

No problem, man. Glad I could help!

Now, back to the Nor Du Lac Lifestyle Center... :lol:

Wow, that is neat. :thumbsup: I guess lifestyle centers really are the new craze. And 1 million square feet of retail is a lot too.

Louisiana Triangle is a neat idea. That might just happen with the new sporting goods stores and other shopping centers being built in Baton Rouge and all New Olreans has to do is be New Orleans and we'll have a good little thing going down here. :)

How do you find all of this impressive info?

A friend of mine actually sent me the plans, and the rest of the info has simply been word-of-mouth stuff, or information found through the media and the internet. For a project as large as this, there really hasn't been as much information released to the public as you might think.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived