What should replace Mellow Mushroom in Kenilworth Commons?

voyager12

I don't understand how crime would be worse in Dilworth now, compared to the late 1970s/early 80s (before Kenilworth Commons was built). Large sections of Dilworth were quite slummy even when I moved to Charlotte in 1986. Tremont, Kingston, Worthington avenues and Park Road were kinda scary. There were even dilapidated houses on Dilworth Road.

I can buy into that property crimes might have gone up in the area (since there's now far more to steal), but violent crime would have had to have come down.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Harris Teeter's prices count as part of the increased crime rate? 10 bucks for bag of coffee, if it isn't a crime, is at least a sin.

Yeah and it is nasty vile tasting coffee too. They hold their beans until they are sold even though roasted beans are only good for about 14 days until they start going stale and turning rancid.

Roast your own beans. High quality green coffee beans only cost $4-$5/pound and they keep for months until they are roasted.

Archived